Part 1: The Crest of the White Eagle

I walked with the other students into the mess hall for the morning meal. I got my usual eggs and vegetables so happy they had my favorite. I sat near the end of the first year's grand table.

"Morning" Ashnerd said as he stood over me. He looked at my plate as he sat to my left. With his judgmentally face with a new detail of his now green eyes.

"What is it?" I asked knowing, but willing to be surprised by his answer.

"We're finally at Brigid our dream school, and you don't try the new options. We're not on the farm anymore." He said as he elbowed and mocked proper posture at me.

I sighed in slight agreement.

"Let mid meal be our chance to try the unfamiliar." I said as I begun to enjoy my morning food.

He smiled still looking at me. Wondering why I asked

"So is it strange that my eyes are a new color, because I prefer your new color. but I think it's because I excepted for them to be green someday." I said as he swallowed his food.

"So impatient for a compliment, what did your family say?"He asked.

"They were happy that I had a crest at all, we haven't had a crest bearer in our family for a few decades." I answered. As I tried to remember how my new grey eyes looked.

"Good fortune for your official first day" he said as we finished our meal and headed to our class.

I still couldn't believe I got in for a long time I thought I wouldn't have a crest since I never showed to have any of the special abilities. I should be grateful even though I got one that is considered the weakest. Then and most of our leaders bear the same crest.

I got to my faction of the academy. I walked on the black brick stone and looked up. I paused to admire the banner of the white eagle. The appearance of castle with the sun at full rise and the clouds rolling in peacefully. I hope my three years here will always be this beautiful.

I got into the class and the teacher introduced herself. We begun our lesson by her asking if any of us have used our crest ability before. Two students raised their hands.

The first said it happened without them trying and the other said that they were trying every crest ability until it happened. I did the same since Ashnerd ability appeared.

Mrs. Feirwell explained that strong crest bearers can use it if they try. And weaker ones can have no control when it happens. Most of the time if they appear and happen before the awakening ceremony the crest bearer will be strong.

Now Mrs. Feirwell clapped her hands and pulled up a list and called my name.

How unfortunate she is a first name alphabetical order user. No one had an a or b name. I stood next to Mrs. Feirwell.

"Now Claira, you can use this or hold your hands together?" She asked. I chose to use the marble. Smooth and with light purple coloring it sat in my hands. I closed my eyes and felt the cold spots that we didn't warm with our hands.

I saw four black figures in the distance. They got closer I back away I felt that I walked into something I looked and saw an old banner of the Frederick stone. The grey has covered in dirt and ash.

"It will be you." A man said as I returned to looked one of the four figures that was close. His hair and eyes were blackest I've ever seen. He flew back and I saw on his exposed was the emblem of the crest of the black heart.