Part 7: Officer Luke Comes to Pontypandy

It was a very sad day in Pontypandy.

Everyone was at the Wholefish Café, feeling very sad and upset that Norman Price had ran away from home, and that they'd had no luck in finding him all of yesterday, and this morning [around the time Norman was with the thugs].

"This is the worst thing to ever happen in Pontypandy." Penny said. "I can't believe Norman Price did this to us!"

"I miss him already." Mandy Flood sighed, as Helen tried to comfort her. "So do we," said James & Sarah together.

Out of everyone in Pontypandy who was miserable, no one was more miserable than Dilys and Station Officer Steele.

"Oh, my little Norman," said Dilys sadly, staring at a picture of Norman, "where are you? We all miss you so."

"I know we do, Dilys," Fireman Sam said, trying to cheer her up, "but we can't just blame ourselves for this."

"We can and we will, Sam." Station Officer Steele said glumly, sipping his tea.

"I know." Sam sighed. "It's been a whole day since Norman ran away from home. Things in Pontypandy just aren't the same without him."

Steele sighed again. "We've searched all over Pontypandy; there's nowhere else to look." He looked at his phone. "There's nothing else for it - we'll just have to telephone the police from Newtown, and tell them what's happened."

He dialled 999 on his phone.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Officer Luke was busy in his office, trying to put together the mystery behind the van robbery, when suddenly, his phone rang. "Hello. Newtown Police department, Officer Luke speaking." he said. he listened in to the call. "What? A boy from Pontypandy has ran away from home? That sounds serious." he said. "Well," he added through the phone, "I AM in the middle of a case involving a robbery of the food delivery van at Kynman's Cafe, but... I think I can spare a few moments to search."

He put down the phone, and called into his intercom. "Deputy Maddie, you're in charge of the van robbery case. I'm off to search for a runaway from Pontypandy." With that, he got up from his desk, jumped in to his police car, and sped off to Pontypandy, passing by Bella Lasagne, who was walking along the streets, making a cameo.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

When Officer Luke arrived in Pontypandy, he began questioning Dilys about Norman running away. "Mrs Price, can you think of any reason your son might have ran away?" he asked her. "Anything at all?"

"Well," Dilys said sadly, "When he caused The Great Fire of Pontypandy, I yelled at him, and sent him to his room."

"Uh-huh." Officer Luke said, writing the information down in a notepad, stopping to drink a cup of tea that Bronwyn had served him.

"And he called Station Officer Steele a pig-face." Derek spoke up. "I know, cause I saw and heard everything."

"Did Norman really do that?" Officer Luke asked.

"Yes, yes he did." Steele said bitterly. "It hurt my feelings."

"I see." Officer Luke said. "Well, Mrs Price, is there any proof that shows your son ran away?"

"There is, Officer." Fireman Sam said, handing him the letter that Dilys had found when she'd discovered that Norman Price had ran away from home. He read the letter. "Good grief!" Officer Luke said. "I think it'd be best if we go to Newtown and look for him." he said.

"Ok, Officer." Dilys said. "We're coming with you."

"Not me, thanks." Steele said. "I'll stay at the fire station in case Norman Price comes back."

"OK," said Fireman Sam. "Let's go, Officer."

As he went with everyone to Jupiter, he stopped, and said to the viewers, "You know, I think Pontypandy could do with some police officers of it's own one day." [YUP, he breaks the fourth wall here.]

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

As Officer Luke [with Dilys riding with him in his police car] led the cavalcade of vehicles [Fireman Sam, Elvis and Penny in Jupiter, Trevor's Bus with Charlie, Bronwyn, Derek, Sarah, and James, and Mike Flood and Mandy Flood in Mike's van, followed by Helen Flood in her [repaired] ambulance], towards Newtown, nobody seemed to notice the thugs' motor home parked in an abandoned barn.

Once all the vehicles had passed said abandoned barn, the thugs' motor home sped outta the barn, and charged towards Pontypandy!

"There it is, boys!" Gruffston said, "Pontypandy; The former home of our new recruit, Norman Price!"

The thugs cheered excitedly. "Oh, I can't wait to start our raid." Jackson said.

"Well, unfortunately," Spanner said, "we'll have to wait; it's the end of the chapter."

"Ah, well, I hope the next chapter comes soon." said Barge. "I hope I get to bash things, soon!"

"I second that motion." said Gruffston.