Chapter 8: The Thugs In Pontypandy

The thugs parked their motor home in Pontypandy, RIGHT BEHIND Dilys' shop.

"Wow." said Barge, as the thugs exited the motor home, "so this is where you were from, Norman Price."

"Yes." Norman said. "Now, I'm gonna give you the tour. It was worth the wait for this chapter."

"Yeah." Gruffston said. "Now, before we go on with your tour, I'd like to present you with a gift, Norman."

"A gift?" Norman said.

"Yup." Gruffston said. He presented Norman with a waistcoat that looked like Spanner's, but without the dust and raggedness, and the spanners on the chain, and it was Norman's size.

"Wow!" Norman said, amazed. "Thank you, Gruffston!" he said, taking off his coat and putting the waistcoat on. It felt different, but surprisingly comfortable. And it felt so nice. 'Mandy and the other kids would be so jealous.' Norman thought, moving around to get the feel of the coat.

"Think nothing of it." Gruffston said. "We figured it'd be a nice addition, now that you're part of us."

"Well, thanks, all of you." Norman said.

"So, now that we've cleared that up," Spanner said. "Is there anything we'd like to see on the Pontypandy Tour, Norman?"

"Sure is!" Norman said. "I know all of the best places in Pontypandy. Follow me and I'll show you the sights."

"Uh, we don't have any money." Barge said.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

They walked round the corner to Dilys' shop.

"First on the tour," he said, "Mam's shop, the Cut Price Store."

"It looks so amazing; innit." Jackson said, staring at the shop products in the window.

"Sure is." Gruffston said, writing something on a notepad.

Then, Norman took them to the quay, where the Wholefish Café was. "Here," he said, "is the Wholefish Cafe. Sarah & James' mam works there. It does the best food in Pontypandy."

"And over there," he said, pointing to the boathouse, "is the boathouse that houses Neptune, the rescue boat Fireman Sam sometimes uses for ocean rescues."

"A Rescue boat?" Spanner said, incredulous. "I'd love to try driving that!"

"I'm sure you do." Norman said.

Next, they went to the hill which overlooked the Floods' house.

"And over there," he added, "is where my friend Mandy Flood lives with her family."

"Yeah, um, quick question," Gruffston said, "Normie, where is everyone? I thought you said this town was full of people who wanted to meet us."

"Oh, er," Norman said, anxiously, "I guess they must have gone out for a bit. Maybe out for a nice summer's drive, or something."

"Why'd they do that?" Barge asked Norman.

"I guess the plot called for it." Norman said. "Now, how about we go to the final stop on the Pontypandy Tour - the Fire Station?"

"Brill idea, Normie." said Gruffston.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Norman led the thugs all the way to the fire station.

"And this is the Pontypandy Fire station." Norman said to his new friends. "That's where Fireman Sam, Pontypandy's firefighter, works. He's good at putting out fires. a few days ago, Chief Fire Officer Boyce gave him a medal for a daring rescue at the lighthouse last month."