Chapter 2: Name for the Son

Chapter Cover by Just_Lidy_ (Instagram)

A few Days Later...

Setting: Monster Temple

Within the temple, Eclipsa looked at the twins as the baby girl giggled happily, being held by her mother while Globgor watched in concern, the green hair baby boy only watching as he's carried by his father.

-Eclipsa: (baby talk) There we go, you love this, don't you? You like being held by mommy, don't you?

-Globgor: Eclipsa? I was going to ask-

-Eclipsa: About the babies' names? Well I've already thought of a name for our girl a while ago, considering most queens give birth to females. (to baby girl) Isn't that right, Meteora?

The baby with a tail, Meteora, squealed happily a bit.

-Eclipsa: Oh you do. (laughs) You really do.

-Globgor: Well what about our son?

-Eclipsa: Honestly...I really don't know. It's been only a few days.

Globgor glanced at his son for a moment.

-Globgor: Yes, that is going to be a tough one...

-Eclipsa: Let see...(ponders) "Wandersong"..."Ali"...

-Globgor: I have a few ideas for boy names.

Globgor pondered a bit.

-Globgor: Let's see, there's "Akuma", maybe "Bloodreign", or how about "Stratosphere" or-

-Eclipsa: (concern) I don't know...those names don't sound right.

After a moment, through the window, the sun was seen rising from the horizon, the two watched. The baby boy, however, glanced at the sun with curiosity.

-Globgor: Hmmm, I think I might know a name for our son.

He lifted his son before happily grinning.

-Globgor: (smiles) How about Sun?

Globgor lifted his son happily before the boy cried a bit, him trying to reach for his mother.

-Eclipsa: Sun...named after the rising sun that warms the planet. I like it.

She took the boy as she swapped Meteora to Globgor. As she carried him, he stopped crying.

-Eclipsa: (warmly) Oh you like that, don't you?

The shy looking baby only cooed quietly.

-Eclipsa: Awww, a little shy, are you, Sun?
Meteora babbled and waved to her brother, him trying to cover his face a bit.

-Eclipsa: It's all right, Sun. No need to be shy, my little boy.

However, the boy only looked uneasy to his sister trying to wave.

-Eclipsa: (concern) Oh poor Sun dear...
The boy only looks away shyfully.

Setting: Monster Temple/Baby Room

(Afternoon)

Eclipsa and Globgor two look at the crib with the sleeping babies with Eclipsa smiling while holding her husband's arm.

-Eclipsa: I still can't believe the monsters accepted me. (gently) And they'll love the twins once they're properly introduced.

-Globgor: You know, perhaps we should visit the lizards in Septarsis. I mean it would be all right if they saw the babies.

-Eclipsa: Maybe. I mean, they were our friends and they recently had a child. Perhaps one day.
She warmly patted Sun's sleepy head.

-Eclipsa: I'm sure we'll have a grand life together and hopefully, both worlds can learn to live together in harmony.

The babies slowly awoke from their naps, Eclipsa lifting her son.

-Eclipsa: All right, nap time is over.

She then picked up her daughter, the baby boy confused with baby girl smiling.

-Eclipsa: Here you two are.

She put the babies near the toys and dolls.

-Eclipsa: Now both of you have a grand time playing.

However, the boy only looked away from his sister while the girl picked up dolls similar to her parents, squealing and playing with the dolls.

-Eclipsa: Here, Sun.

The boy holding the human toy looked uneasy a bit before his mother sat next to her.

-Eclipsa: Oh Sun...my shy lil' boy.

The boy looked more confused.

-Eclipsa: (gently) Oh we've got lots of things to do today. I'm sure you'll be better acquainted with your sister.

Meteora only hugged her two dolls happily.

-Eclipsa: Here, Sun...let mommy play with you for a bit.

She held his arms, her playfully making the shy boy walk a bit.

Meanwhile...

Setting: Butterfly Castle Throne Room

Within the throne room, the purple haired woman sadly looked down at the empty throne with a tapestry of a red haired woman slashing monsters above it.

-Mina: Solaria...it's been a year since your daughter disappeared. I'm sorry I couldn't find her.

The rich man approached as he looked annoyed.

-Shastacan: Still grieving for the previous queen, I see.

-Mina: Well she's been there for me ever since her daughter was just a baby, at least long before Eclipsa went missing, so of course I'm still hurting and sore that the monsters got to her. I don't know how they would ambush us, but...

-Shastacan: (glares) And yet, you still have not found Eclipsa! It's been over a year, Mina. You and the Solarians are failing.

-Mina: What?! No we just-we just don't know exactly where she's located at. (gasps) What if the monsters already ate her up? Or worse, fall in love with one of them and becomes a monster smoocher!?

The powdered wig man glared, clenching his fist in anger when he heard the words.

-Shastacan: (frowns) It's him, isn't it?

-Mina: (confused) Hmmm?

-Shastacan: I might know what happened to her and whom she is with. She's with the Prince of Darkness!!

Mina looked stunned as she gasped.

-Mina: Monster Smoocher...oh no. Oh corn! This is not good! Even if we get her back, she'll think the monsters aren't the bad guys, which they are!!

-Shastacan: (seriously) Then it's settled.

He tapped his cane as he spoke.

-Shastacan: Mina, I want to have a meeting with the Magical High Commission. I have a plan.

She looked a bit confused.

-Mina: Plan?

Shastacan looked seriously as he began to leave the room.

-Shastacan: (sternly) A plan to find the location where the monsters are hidden...and YOU are going to lead the ambush when we find them.
Mina looked surprised before grinning wickedly.

-Mina: Oh don't worry, I'll do my job and ensure the monsters are taken down...by any means necessary.

Written by Julayla-64 (Deviantart)

Screenplay by MasterJed1JR (Me)