17

July 2022.
      Italien Grandprix.
              Monza,Italia.

As i start to make my way of the hotel room i hear a knock on the door.
"Bonjour B." I see Kika and Alex grining at me. A huge smile plasters itself on my face and I waste no time to pull them both in for a very big hug.
"Thank god you're here."I breathe out as i feel their hands rubbing my back. " ready to go?" Alex asks pulling out.
I take a deep breath. "Yes."

We make our way to the rented car and head to get brunch before going to the circuit. "You know Ree? I didn't think you'd be up by now." Kika says as we grab our coffees. "I'm up since 5 Kiks." I see her eyes widen at me.
"why? How?" She speaks. "Well i don't really sleep that much because.. well everything, I woke up with a headache, took a shower, went for a run with the sunrise and went to the gym because i really need to start pushing myself, last race of the season is in 2 weeks." We hop back in the car. "I love the way you're handling it all. It's immaculate how you're able to channel all your emotions for your own benefit." Alex says. "Well my mom wouldn't wanna see me depressed and i want to live up to that. Live for her." I mumble fidgeting with my bracelets. I feel their arms wrapping around my shoulder. I look up and give them a sad smile . "Guys we're here." Alex speaks.

They both make their way out of the car and thats when reality sinks in. I sit there trying to collect all my emotions. "Ree?" I hear Kika. "You want us to stay with you for a second?" I don't respond as the voices outside the car start to fade away slowly, my breathing getting faster by the second. I close my eyes shut in attempt to fight back but the tears start to pour down my cheeks. "Alex." I manage to utter out. A second later i feel two arms around me rubbing mine which helps soothe my breathing again. "I'm trying my best." I say as i place my head on Alex' shoulders. "We know. Why don't we take it step by step?" Kika placed a strand of my hair behind my ears. I nod in response .
Alex grabs a tissue to wipe my wet cheeks thank god i didn't wear make up. "You are so beyond strong to do this and we'll help you. I promise once you're surrounded by cars and the track all of the anxiety will disappear. You love this Rita" I look at her and take her words in. She's right. "Okay yes.I'm fine." They both give me a soft hug and get out of the car again. Kika offers me her hand. I take a deep breath and grab it to pull myself out of the car. I small smile appears on my face as the circuit comes in my sight.

Monza. One of the key races of every season that offers the best atmosphere to every ferrari fan, including myself. A week in which every Italian sits in front of the screen in hope to see one of the Ferraris taking it home. I look up to the sky and see the sky covered in the colors of the famous Italian flag. The chanting of the tifosi taking over the whole town.

I take a second to let the view over take. "God." I sigh. "Charles is waiting for us at the Ferrari garage" Alex smiles at me. "Let's go." I say and we walk through the paddock trying our best to escape all the press and paparazzi.

_
"BIANCHI." Charles screams as soon as i step in the garage. "Charlie." I walk up to him and give him a very big hug. "I'm so glad you're here, you have no idea. You look so much better" He pulls away grabbing my shoulder to take a good scan of my face. "I missed this so much." I smile and look him in the eyes. " How could you not." He chuckles. "Wanna check the car out?" He raises an eyebrow. "Please." I plead.

I follow him and see the red car centered in the middle of the room. I run my hands on the halo , taking in the beauty of the car. " It's breathtaking Charles." I whisper completely starstruck. " i know right." I hear him behind me.
"You're winning today, no excuses." I point at him. "I am winning today. By the way Arthur just arrived and is expected to be here any minute now just so you know." He says calmly. "Yea okay." I sigh. "Well Ree i loved watching you interacting with the car but the race starts in 10 mins, we need to run last check ups." I take one last look at the car. " Good luck Leclerc. Bring it home"