Code Green

Cody walked into class, the teacher staring at him closely. "Cody, come see me after class." She said. Cody nodded and sat down.

Trent whispered over to him. "Dude, you missed most of class. We have literally 15 minutes left! Where the hell have you been?"

"Sierra caught me skipping and insisted I go to class."

"That slut? Dude, you're never gonna get away from her if you don't kill her." Trent whispered. "Remember, a bullet through her head can settle the rest!"

"No way dude. I can't do that. I mean, I wish I could, but no way."

"Here dude, I forgot to tell you. Meet me at the library for lunch, okay?"

"Sierra's literally banned from the library, so I might do that."

"You have to. It's important."

"But I don't know, man, I have tutoring during lunch period."

"It's Code Green, Code's."

"Fuck."

Code Green was a secret code him and his friend group made when they we're in 8th grade. It meant that whenever someone was in trouble, or if there was a severe emergency, then everyone would meet up during lunch period, no matter the circumstances; with the exceptions of one being sick.

The bell rang. Trent waved at Cody and headed to said library. Cody went up to the teacher to have a small conversation with her as to why he was so late.

----

Trent walked in the library and wave to the librarian. Up ahead, there was Duncan, who was making a small wood carving, DJ adoring stupid dog videos that pop up on his Reels, Geoff, for once, actually talking to Bridgette, and the rest of the group. Exept, one persons missing.

"Trenton!" Exclaimed Alejandro. "Where's Cody?"

"Well, for first off, do not call me Trenton. We've been over this." Trent snapped. "Second off, Cody's having a talk with our bitch teacher about him being fucking 45 minutes late to class." He darted his eyes at Duncan. "Also, why does this dude smell like weed?"

Duncan stopped what he was doing. "Well, when we we're skipping, I smoked a few blunts here and there, and yeah."

"Well that explains why he smells like shit."

Trent went to go sit down, while everyone was chatting away eachothers ears.

"Keep it down, kids!" The librarian said.

--

Cody finally walked in, part of the sandwich he has on the way there on his face like a little 2 year old. "Hey guys! What's with the Code Green?"

"Okay, everyone else here knows exept for Beth and Tyler. You two may need to sit down for this one." Courtney said, a bit sympathetic.

Cody looked at everyone's faces. They all seemed worried. Hell, even Eva's face said something. Her stiff, monotone face turned into a slight frown, eyebrows filled with worry.

"Well?" Courtney turned around to the group. "Who wants to break it to them?" Courtney asked.

"It can't be bad, right?" Beth frantically asked, noticing the worried faces.

"Right?"