[5] Wither into the truth

🌲
Terra

I brought ceramic tray over to my usual table. Lucky for me my roommates were nice enough to let me sit with them. Last year had been a year of hiding in the bathroom and eating lunch with the janitor.

I shook those thoughts from my head as I approached the table. "Terra! Can we trade muffins? The lunch lady gave me chocolate." My cousin Flora begged.

"Of course, I'd never miss an opportunity for a chocolate chip muffin ." I sat down next to my cousin.

I looked around the table to see that all my roommates were present. Aisha and Techna were hunched over what looked like her class schedule, highlighting away. Musa was beside them, sitting with her back against the wall, strumming along on her bright red guitar. All of the tunes were going into her sticker decorated headphones.Flora was next to me paging through her bulky plant scrapbook.

I peered over her shoulder. Currently she was on a page about the best plants for tea. When she noticed I was watching, she placed the book between us. "Thank you." I beamed.

I was about to ask chamomile or Hibiscus, when Stella bounced up to her table. " Good afternoon my lovelies." Stella smiled. She was standing at the head of the table with her tray. Some how she had managed to secure two boxes of orange juice.

"We have a new roommate." Musa took of her headphones, clearly amused. Aisha looked up while Techna continued to math out a perfect time for Aisha's fitness schedule.

"This is Bloom Peters... from earth." Techna's head swung up at that. Earth? Every one in the
realm knew that there were no fairies on earth.

"Are you a specialist?" Techna knitted brow.

"Shes a Fairy."

Everyone's mouth dropped. " And you were born there?" Aisha asked.

"Yep. In the heart of California."

"That's cool. You can sit down if you want." Musa waved to the empty part of the bench.

Bloom sat between Stella and Flora. " I'm Flora. And this is my cousin Terra." Flora gave me a jazz hand introduction. "Yes , hello again." I gave a small wave to bloom. She smiled back.

"That's Musa, Techna and Aisha." Flora said pointing proudly at each one.

"Hi." Bloom waved awkwardly. Techna leaned closer to Bloom, inspecting her. "What kind of magic do you have ?" She asked never breaking eye contact.

I coughed uncomfortably.

"Uhh..." Bloom began to fidget... "I set myself on fire once. Well technically..."

" Your a fire fairy?" Musa gasped. "That's wicked."

"And incredibly rare?? Are you sure you born on earth? Are your parents Fae?" Techna asked as she pulled out a notebook from her satchel.

"No." Bloom said quietly.

"That's wierd." Techna said abruptly.

Bloom stayed quiet. Flora cut in before Techna could interrogate the poor girl any further. " What classes do you have ?"

Bloom took out a rumpled peace of paper and handed it to Flora as she gave her a thankful smile.

⚔️
Sky

Brandon jabbed me in the elbow, hard. I turned my head to see him shaking his head.

"Heads up." Riven said under his breath. Riven and Timmy were staring at something behind me. I turned to see Dia sashaying towards our table, her long blonde hair bouncing behind her. Chimera and a couple of her minions followed suit.