12

Video Games ~ Lana Del Rey

Enchanted Forest
A long time ago

The sun shined brightly as it came inside the Captains' quarters through the small porthole. Killian slowly blinked his eyes open and as his eyes set to the bright light he looked at his side. There who he considered to be the most beautiful woman he had ever seen was laying with her head on his chest and her arm wrapped around his abdomen.

Killian brought up his hand and ran it through Evelyn's brunette hair as a soft smile played on his lips.

It had been one year since they officially got together. Well, obviously Evelyn didn't go with William that day and instead she finally admitted her feelings for Killian and he did the same with her. The crew of the Jolly Roger certainly wasn't surprised when their Captain told them about his relationship with Evelyn, but they were all happy for him. They could all see how that pirate had almost completely changed for the brunette woman.

After a few months Killian decided to make Evelyn Captain of the ship with him. He wanted her to be by his side and not be just another member of the crew.

That sunny day was their first anniversary. They had just arrived at a new place. They had been staying at the docks of a small village for a couple of days and Killian had decided to go around the day earlier. He wanted to find a gift for Evelyn and as he walked around the village he found something that amazed him.

A sea of flowers was ahead of him. It was a quite big field filled with flowers he recognised as dahlias. They were beautiful and all with different shining colours. When he came back that day he made a mental note to go there again to pick up some flowers for Evelyn.

Killian slowly lowered down to press a soft kiss on Evelyn's shoulder. He watched with a small genuine smile as she simply stirred in her sleep but didn't wake up. He looked at her one more moment before carefully standing up without waking her. As he got out of bed he got dressed and silently left their quarters before heading to the field of dahlias he had seen the day before.

Evelyn slowly blinked her eyes open as she stirred awake in the cold and comfortable bed. As she fully opened her eyes she expected to see Killian by her side, but instead she was welcomed with a beautiful purple dahlia laying on Killian's pillow. A soft smile formed on her lips as she slowly stood upright and picked up the flower.
As she slowly observed the captivating flower a voice spoke up.

"Good morning, love", Killian said as he leaned against the closed door of the room. He slowly walked closer to her and sat by her side on the bed. Evelyn softly brought her hand up and placed it on his cheek, still holding the purple flower with her other hand. She smiled softly at him before pulling him closer to her and crashing her lips against his.

They shared a soft and full of love kiss before pulling away, both breathless. They leaned their foreheads against one another as they both smiled brightly.

"Happy anniversary", Evelyn told him sweetly.

"Happy anniversary, my love", Killian replied as he looked at her entrancing forest green eyes. Then he looked down at the flower he had given her before speaking up.

"Do you like it? I promise this isn't my full gift, but I really couldn't find anything around the village. Then I found this breathtaking field of dahlias and I thought I would bring you one", he spoke sincerely and with apologetic eyes.

"I love it, Killian. I couldn't ask for something more beautiful", she told him sincerely.

"You know, I found out something about dahlias. They say that they're symbol of eternal love and they're a way to say to your loved ones 'I'm yours forever'. And I want you to know that I am and always will be yours. Forever", he told her as he took her hand in his.

"And I am yours", she told him with a smile.

                                            ✰

A/N: hii, I just wanted to thank you all for reading this story!! 300 reads is crazy already and thank you for who as been voting and commenting!! I'm sorry that this chapter was quite short but I just really wanted to add this little sweet moment between Evelyn and Killian. I hope you're all enjoying this story by far!!

Love you all 3000❤️