The Mortal Cup 2

≪⟬𖤍₊ ゚.˙𓆩⛧𓆪˙. ゚₊𖤍⟭≫
Pandemonium

Clary, Simon, and Maureen are all sitting on top of Simon's van parked outside of a club chatting away.

"My mom is so overprotective lately," Clary spoke up to her friends.

"So, do you remember in Aliens, when the alien queen was protecting her eggs from Ripley?" Simon asked Clary while holding his acoustic guitar.

"In this scenario, is my mom Ripley or the alien queen?" Clary questions her best friend.

"Both," Simon says simply, looking between Clary and Maureen.

"What?"Maureen said, confused about Simon's answer.

"A mother defending her young," Simon said playfully, using his guitar as a gun for a brief second.

"Defending me from what? I spend most of my day in an art studio. my life couldn't be more... Mundane. Besides, I don't know much about when she was younger," Clary explained, playing with the heirloom in her hands.

"Oh, just do what I do and get all the dirt from your relatives," Maureen replied as an idea.

"Well, I would if I could, but she doesn't have any, and my dad died before I was born," Clary informed, looking at Maureen.

"So... You have no one? No uncles, on aunts, no third cousins, twice removed?" Maureen went on listing possible family.

"Nope, just me and my mom," Clary confirmed.

"It's why the Lewis clan has added three chairs to every seder, since preschool, one for Clary, one for Jocelyn, and one for Esther," Simon mentioned.

"Of course. Obviously," both Clary and Simon agreed.

"You both don't think that's a little suspicious? You not knowing anything about your family, your mom could be hiding some deep, dark secret, and who in the world is Esther?" Maureen added, theorizing about the possibility of Clary's family history.

≪⟬𖤍₊ ゚.˙𓆩⛧𓆪˙. ゚₊𖤍⟭≫
Buried Memory

12 years ago

Esther, sat at the kitchen table reading an old grimour Magnus had givien that was glamored to look like a history text book, that was until Clary, bursts into the room with a big smile and a picture she’s just drawn.

"Esther, look! It's you and me playing in the garden!" Clary exclaims, holding up the colorful drawing.

Esther smiled and closing her book away into her bag then taking a closer a closer look at the drawing.

"Wow, Clary, this is so pretty! Look at how colorful it is!" Esther replied, to the little ginger-haired girl.

Clary giggles and hugs Esther. "I want to play in the garden again with you soon!" Clary says excitedly.

"I would love to but I have to go soon, Hmm, How about we make some daisy chains? And next time we can play in the garden," Esther negotiated, with the small girl getting down to clary's level.

"Okay~ but do you have to go Esther? Why can't you stay with me forever," Clary asked with a puppy dog eye's.

"Forever is a long time... and you won't always be a kid and I won't always be around so while we have the time let's go make some daisy chains," Esther smiled, standing up holding her hand out to Clary to grab a hold of as they went to go make daisy chains.