The Mortal Cup 1

Brooklyn Academy of Art
≪⟬𖤍₊ ゚.˙𓆩⛧𓆪˙. ゚₊𖤍⟭≫

Amongst the busy street, Clary walked up to the Brooklyn Academy of Art to present her portfolio to the art critics, who will decide whether or not Clary gets into art school.

"You got this," Clary spoke confidently to herself before making her way into the art academy of her dreams.

Once inside, Clary took a deep breath and began to walk towards the table of critics, with each step she took echoed through the hall.

"Hi, I'm Clary Frae," Clary said politely before setting her bags now, while pulling out her book that held her art assessment, and placing the paper on the table for all to see.

"This landscape is very... Decorative," mention critic 1 in the center, overlooking the drawing.

"Well, I wasn't going for decorative, exactly," Clary commented.

"What are those?" Critic 1 asked, pointing out the drawing on the cover of the art book.

"Oh, those. Nothing, just, um... Some ideas for a graphic novel I'm drawing with a friend. It was just there by mistake," Clary stuttered a bit, trying to come up with a reason for the monster drawings.

"The Brooklyn Academy of Art doesn't believe in mistakes." Critic 2 replied.

After a while of discussion of art and interests, Clary was handed a letter that held her results.

≪⟬𖤍₊ ゚.˙𓆩⛧𓆪˙. ゚₊𖤍⟭≫
Cafe

Clary walked into the cafe she and Simon had planned to meet up at with a sad expression, holding all over work.

"Give me the professors' names, and I... I will end them, You know with a scathing e-mail to the dean," Simon spoke up, trying to cheer up Clary.

"Don't bother," Clary replied taking a seat at the table with an unset look, handing Simon the result paper faced down, Simon looked at Clary then down at the letter flipping it over to see a big red stamp that read congratulations!

"What?! The sad face really, well played well played," Simon smiled while Clary began to giggle, as they both went in for a first bump.

"Thank you, Ya know, it's weird they kinda like my assigned work, but they flipped out over the drawings for our graphic novel," Clary explained with a smile.

"You're welcome," Simon pointed, taking a bit of credit.

"This will go down in history as the greatest 18th birthday I ever had," Clary declared.

"That is why we are celebrating tonight, yes with Maureen, after our show," Simon explained . He and Clary were handed their cafe food and drinks.

"Absolutely, so... What's the deal with you and Maureen?" Clary asked Simon as he went to take a sip of his hot drink.

"What deal? No deal. We sing together," Simon said, shutting down Clary's comment.

"You seriously don't know she's been crushing on you this whole time?" Clary asked with a shocked expression.

"What, no... No," Simon blew off.

"Simon, how can someone as smart and perceptive as you do not realize that the person right next to you is in love with you?" Clary asked her best friend.