Chapter 1: A Job and Doubts.

"Do you have your knives?" my lover asked me.

"Yes." I said, with a fond eye roll. He was always like that, always double and triple checking to see if I was prepared. He was protective like that, something I adore about him.

"Guns?"

"Yes Arthur, packed in the holster."

"Do you have-"

"For the last time Arthur, yes." I try my hardest to look stern so I wouldn't be laughing. "If you keep nagging me like a mother hen, I will personally kick your ass."

This caused him to chuckle. He reached over, his hand cupping my face. Giving me a quick kiss on the forehead, he continued to prep. He grabbed the gun by the bedside table and adjusted it at his side, hidden beneath his suit.

"Well, I have no doubt that if I pissed you off in any way, I'd be more then happy to let you off steam." He grinned mischievously.

I raised a brow. I knew what he was implying. In fact, color rose to my cheeks, but I tried to remain calm and professional. Though...I wasn't too opposed to the idea.

"Quit flirting and get back to work." I retorted, leaning against the wall. He raised his hands in surrender and proceeded to clean the room to put off any traces we were here with ulterior motives. Though I saw him glancing at me, once in a while with that little smirk.

We were in a hotel room in Arthur's mind. It was a luxurious and swanky hotel, with smoothly marble floors and Japanese tapestries draped all over the walls complete with silk sheets smothering the beds. But I had no time to appreciate the beautiful architecture. We had a job to do.

"Doing okay?" I asked softly, causing him to hum as  a reply.

As Arthur was silently working, checking to see if the room was fully cleared, this left me to my thoughts. As soon as I relaxed and let my guard down, fear flooded through me. Worries after worries assaulted my mind. So many things, could go wrong.

"Are you sure this is a good idea?" I asked, turning to see my lover pulling on his suit. He looked damn good, his suit trimming down to his slim, yet lean figure. I tried to keep myself from blushing furiously or sneaking glances at him.

Our job, sent from Clobal Engineering, to get the information from a man named Saito. We needed to convince him, and in doing so, by charming him and pretending to help him, he would let his guard down. Thus, we would strike the hardest.

But I had my doubts.

"What are you trying to suggest, dear?" He asked, and I froze, realizing I slipped up. He knew me best, and I knew that he would try to decipher what was on my mind without failure.

I bit my lip. "Nothing, Arthur."

Arthur looked over at me, and I looked away, trying not to let him read my face. But I could tell his dark eyes were studying me, scanning me down.

He could tell I was apprehensive. Perhaps it was my supposed paranoia people teased me about it. Or perhaps it was because of my bodyguard instincts. I was rarely wrong about anything. I can tell this heist was going to go badly. I knew the reason why.

Cobb.

I know what you're thinking, dear reader. Why would I possibly doubt my leader? 

Dominic Cobb was a good friend of mine. He was intelligent and fast. He didn't let emotions take over business. Except for one particular incident. Ever since Mal, his beloved wife died, he became to spiral. He became more irritable, more impatient and reckless. He was so eager, to come and clear his name so he can come back home to his children.