Chapter 14

Louis is distraught after his encounter with Harry. He wants to get back to the castle, back to Henric. But how can he when Harry just poured out the truth to him as if it wouldn't affect Louis at all?
He recalls Harry's words over and over again, wondering if Harry said something that Louis must have imagined or wasn't true, but it is, and it's ugly and painful. The reality sets in, the hurt in Louis' chest becomes the weight on his shoulders.

Harry told him that he loves him. After all the time Louis spent and begged for some kind of affection on his part, he chose this very moment to confess his feelings, as if Louis is the same dumb and naive omega he was six months ago. Louis is not; a lot has changed.

In all of Harry's speech, the three words Louis actually wanted to hear that would show that the alpha truly cared and that he's guilty and upset over how things went never came out of Harry's mouth. Harry never said them. Harry never said I am sorry.
The omega puts a hand on his tummy, rubbing slow circles around to calm his pup down. He needs to be stronger more than ever, for him, his pup, and for Henric.

He goes back to where the celebration is going on and immediately searches for his husband. What should have been one of the happiest days of Louis' life has ended up being one of the saddest. Harry always manages to find a way to ruin everything for him.

Yes, Louis is very hurt over what happened to Harry and does not wish for that to happen even to his worst enemy. But the alpha's plan was cruel, vindictive against Louis who had no fault in what happened.

Louis would have loved Harry unconditionally and would have followed him anywhere if Harry would have loved him back and would have promised to take care of them when he was meant to.

Louis would have loved to have been Harry's new family.

He shakes his head from the thoughts, tears threatening to spill once again, and finds Henric sat at one of the tables. The alpha smiles at him as soon as he sees Louis, patting the chair next to him.
Louis slowly sits, sighing and breathing in Henric's scent. He rests his head on the Duke's shoulder and closes his eyes for a few minutes. This is what Louis should be doing, enjoying his husband's company rather than fighting to swallow down the lump in his throat because of Harry.

Henric kisses his head. "What is wrong, omega? A few moments ago you could not wait for us to be married. Did I bore you already?" He asks in a teasing tone.

Louis shakes his head, feeling like such a failure of a husband already. "I am sad, Henric. So very much. But not because of you, alpha. You could never bore me. Ever."

Henric nods, placing his hand below Louis' chin and lifting his head up gently to look at him. "Do confide in me, my Prince. What has you so upset?"

Louis looks around the garden and breathes in when he sees everybody is too in their own conversation to have their attention on him.

"Harry," he whispers, swallowing. He sees as the Duke widens his eyes, and then searches around the garden for the alpha as if he knows what he looks like.

Louis takes the Duke's hand in his and caresses the back of it with his thumb. "He left. He came to tell me a few things. Things that if he told me months back I would be with him now."

Henric nods, obviously knowing well everything Louis has gone through. Throughout the months, Henric has become the person Louis mostly confides in. Henric is his best friend, his biggest supporter.

Louis explains everything in detail, spilling Harry's private information on what happened to his family and what drove Harry to do what he did.

The Duke remains silent, patiently listening to the omega who pours his heart out to him. He knows Louis is in too delicate of a state and can only take so much. The omega deserves the best in life, for being so kind and sweet to everybody, for even though Louis has been to hell and back he still treats everybody like they deserve the best.