Chapter Forty-Six: From me to my Family

"Falco, where are you headed in such a rush this late?"

Falco now cheered up from the conversation with the man at the hospital, runs into Reiner. "I forgot something. I'm heading back to headquarters. Please excuse me." He runs past Reiner, heading out the gate in the direction of the nearest mailbox.

"Falco, can I ask for a favor?"

"What is it, Mr. Kruger?"

Kruger hands Falco a sealed envelope. "Will you send this letter for me? If I sent it from inside the ghetto its contents would be checked, right?"

"That's right."

"If that happens, they'll find out I'm faking my illness. So I want you to send it from somewhere outside the ghetto."

"Got it. Is it for your family?"

Kruger nods. "Yes. I just want them to know that I'm here, safe and sound."

?

...?...

"A letter, sir."

"Thank you." Opening it, a young man opens it as he returns to the desk where he and his superior sit. Unfolding the message, he quickly scans it quietly.

The redhead woman with an eyepatch folds her hands above the table, waiting for her assistant to finish. "Well?"

"Marley is holding a festival in a few days, one in which the world shifts its focus on us 'devils'. He's going to make his attack then and there, with or without us." The young man sets the letter down and turns to the woman. "Well, we know what Eren's going to do. What says you, Commander Hange?"

Hange closes her one good eye for a moment then sighs. "What do you think, Section Commander, Everett?"

"It won't be pretty...but neither was nine years ago when they knocked down our door... So, I'd say we return the favor."

Reiner

Reiner

Reiner places his hand on the map of that nightmare of an island as he addresses the military leadership and the other warriors. "The Titans come from the south, so with that in mind the further you are towards the mountainous region on the north side of the wall, the weaker their defenses will be."