The Dragon's Heart Is Mine

Based on George R.R. Martin’s Fire & Blood, House of the Dragon is set 200 years before the events of Game of Thrones and tells the story of House Targaryen.

However this story is a twisted tale of the spinoff series. It entails family, politics, love, rejection, betrayal, revenge and war.

The King's Heart Is Mine tells a tale of two best friends: Rheanyra Targaryen and Alicent Hightower.

During the reign of King Jaeherys, his  grandson Viserys married Princess Visenna Martell who bore him his first son Geralt Targaryen.

Unfortunately tragedy claimed her life at childbirth. Princess Visenna died of stroke when little Prince Geralt was only five years old.

Devastated, Viserys mourned his beloved for a year and soon found love again with Aemma Arryn.

When Jaeherys called a great council to prevent a war being fought over his succession, he proclaimed Viserys, Prince of DragonStone and heir to the iron throne.

At that time Princess Aemma was Geralt's step mother, she doted the boy and loved him as her own flesh and blood

Rumors lingered in the Red Keep that she was barren and cursed. Despite being infertile with many still births and dead children in her cradle, luckily the Seven Gods finally blessed Aemma with a child of her own.

The King and Queen welcomed a baby
girl and named her Rheanyra, the Realm's Delight.

Both half siblings cared and loved one another dearly. Geralt love was platonic but Rheanyra's love grew into obsession of desire.

The Princess soon develop a liken for her elder brother and with targaryen customs, brother and sister could marry and Rheanyra believes she and Geralt were meant to burn together like Aegon and his sister-wives: Visenya and Rheanys

At this time, Rheanyra and Alicent were already close friends, their bond was unbreakable, and yet Alicent had always had a crush on Prince Geralt since the day her father brought her to court.

The Hightower girl admired the Prince from afar. Unbeknownst, she had no idea Rheanyra also nurtured feelings for her half-brother.

When the time comes for the King to name his heir, a partition comes between the brother and sister.

Viserys proposes a marriage between his two children, his reason for this match was to strengthen their house, keep their bloodline pure.

Outraged and furious, Gerald outrightly spat on the family's traditional customs, refusing the marriage on the grounds of abomination and incestuous union.

This news shatters Rheanyra deeply that she tries to reason with her half brother to see no wrong in marrying her, and yet Geralt discarded profusely.

This caused a huge commotion to the extent that Rheanyra even tried to seduce her half brother. Odious, Geralt bluntly scolds his half-sister, repudiating her actions and even threatened to disown her.

Ser Otto Hightower and Lord Corlys Velaryon sees this an opportunity to sets their daughters to be Princess Consort in ambition for their own selfish gains.

Through this drama and dispute, Viserys sees the solution to his problems. Gracefully he offers Geralt the opportunity to choose any maiden as his wife, but the Prince stubbornly refuses to marry.

Nonetheless, as the gods could fate it, King Viserys betroth the Hand's daughter and Geralt agrees and marries Alicent Hightower out of duty.

This marriage soured Alicent and Rheanyra's friendship and overtime their breath became a thin line between love and hate.

Heartbroken and rejected, Rheanyra swore to set hell lose, if she could not have Geralt for herself, then his blood would not inherit the iron and neither will Alicent have peace in her marriage, Rheanyra vowed to make her best friends life a living hell.

After the death of their father, two half siblings fight for the throne, thereby causing a division of civil war known as the Dance of the Dragons.

To continue reading this story, head over to my profile and click on "The King's Heart Is Mine" 🩸🐉🔥

*********
Hello lovelies

Thanks for reading, hope you enjoyed this chapter?

To receive more update and notifications, please click the follow bottom in my profile.

Don't forget, your vote is equal to my payment for writing, your comment pushes me to work harder, and your shares make me elated.❤️

Je t'aime 💕

Lewa Kulture