Chatper 27

(Pov Third)
        Stealthily moving in the cover of darkness, Climb and his group made their way to a supposed Eight Fingers base. Hiding a short distance anyway, they observed the building. According to the intelligence they had received, members of the Six Arms were gathered for whatever reason. As they were stalking the entrance, the group spotted a man approaching. The man had long silver hair tied back in a ponytail and wore light armor.

      Climb instantly recognized he was the royal family's guest, Sigurd. Confused by his presence, Climb got his attention and called him over.

Climb:Lord Sigurd, why are you here?

Sigurd:Well, you see, these maggots rook something that belongs to me, so I decided to give them a punishment.

        Climb, knowing Sigurd understood that there was about to be a bloodbath. Recognizing the opportunity, he informed Sigurd of his group's reason for being there. Sig, realizing they could be helpful, offered to be their distraction if they saved Tuare. Of course, they agreed, so Sigurd parted ways with them.

(Pov Sigurd)
      Entering the compound, I was greeted by people standing as if wanting for me. Honestly, I could care less about them except maybe the woman. Thinking about it, I do deserve compensation for these fuckers wasting my time. My train of thought was interrupted when the gay matador started talking.

Gay Matador:Hey, I thought the butler was supposed to be coming.

       The man next to him dressed in armor, who I will call Sir douche, answered the question.

Sir douche:If I had to guess, this guy is probably his master.

Future toy:I see he is probably here to pay a ransom.

Fakeass lich:it makes no difference. He will still need to be punished for making an enemy out of us.

          Listening to them talk, I was instantly bored, so I turned my attention to the audience on the top balcony. If I had to guess, they are probably these idiots' investors. They are probably here so the members can show off their strength. After thinking about what to do with them, I returned to the people still talking. Looking at the self-important expressions on their faces, they must have introduced themselves.

Sigurd:Listen, I know you guys think you are strong because you have killed strong humans. However, I feel the need to clarify that I am not human.

       I released a burst of Dragon's fear, instantly changing their confident expressions. Seeing the fear in their eyes brought a strange joy to my heart.

Sigurd:judging by your terrified expressions, you now understand just how fucked you are. If you want to live, I will give you a chance. After all, I have been looking for new pets.

       To be honest, I was expecting them to say no, so I wasn't surprised when the fake lich blasted me with a fireball. I struggled to fight the urge not to break out in thunderous laughter. This dumb shit used fire against a fire dragon who is immune. I mean, a part of me gets it. He doesn't know what I am, but most people would figure it out before attacking. My thoughts were interrupted when the gay matador lunged at me to pierce my throat. Since I wanted them to feel despair, I didn't move and let him hit me.

      A clanging sound rang in the air as his sword made contact with my throat. His arrogant smile faded when he realized not only did I not have a scratch, but his sword broke. Before he could move, I grabbed him by his throat just in time to get him out of the way. On reflex, I snatched the blade out of that air and glared at the woman whose eyes were filled with fear. Sir, douche, seeing both my hands fill, I felt it was the best time to attack. He lashed at me with a sword that was like a whip.

      Like how it went for the matador, the blade couldn't cut me and produced sparks against my skin. The fake lich launched another fireball. Since my hands were full, I used a severely weakened breath attack. The worthless idiot couldn't even endure such a weak attack and had his top half obliterated. After killing that disappointment of a lich decided to stop playing with the others. Using my tail as a whip, I quickly killed the remaining two men. Of course, I was careful not to destroy the woman since she would have a different punishment.

      After finishing them, I headed inside the manor to hunt down Zero.

(Pov Tuare)
    Since that noble became interested in me, my life has gone to hell. He took me from my sister, who is my only family, to be raped and beaten. I am not sure how long I endured that hell, but before I knew it, I was being thrown away. At first, I thought maybe it was for the best; after all, once I am dead, they can no longer hurt me. That changed when I met Lord Sigurd. When I looked into his Crimson eyes, I could feel an impulse to keep surviving.

       He then took me to a mansion where a woman named Solution treated me.

Solution:Listen well, human, since Lord Sigurd chose you as a toy. I will help treat you, however, so you understand your place, and we will keep your memories intact.

      Miss.Solution did exactly what she promised, bringing my body back to what it was before that bastard. My memories of what happened remain, though, making me feel guilty and ashamed of receiving lord Sigurd's kindness. After getting captured again, I could run through my past, looking for why this happened to me. Whenever I have a moment of happiness, something takes it away. Perhaps this is my lot in life; happiness was never within my reach.

       As I accepted my existence in this cruel world, the door opened. Since I was tied to the bed, there was no way for me to see who it was. I could hear the voice of one of my captors fawning over someone. I guess they are the latest addition to the nightmare keeping me up at night.

Sigurd:Seriously, you are pretty the trouble magnet. Still, at least this way, there will never be a dull moment.

       My eyes welled up with tears, feeling happy he came to save me. In my heart, I swore to serve lord Sigurd in every definition of the word.