The accident

It was a regular day at the station, roll call had just started and grey was pairing up officers to go on patrol as Aaron wasn't able to do it and it messed up the normal routine. At the end, grey said "Bradford and Chen, u two can ride together today" Lucy looked back at Tim and they both smiled at each other. Everyone was dismissed and as Lucy was standing up, grey went over and said to her quietly "look don't let anyone in a higher position than me that u two are riding together, I'll get in trouble because ur dating" Lucy smiled and said "got it, and thankyou!" Grey said "no problem" and Lucy happily walked down to the shop where Tim had already loaded the war bags into the shop. Tim said "so we are riding together today then?" Lucy said "yea!" Tim smiled and said "we may have to have a little break somewhere" Lucy said "maybe..but if we get caught then.." Tim interrupted and said "we can be quiet, we won't get caught" Lucy rolled her eyes jokingly and said "fine" as she got into the shop. Tim got into the drivers seat and started driving away from the station. It wasn't very long until there was a call on the radio saying "a call for backup is needed at ***** mall immediately. Multiple dangerous armed men" Lucy replied on the radio saying "7 Adam 100 responding" Lucy said "don't u ever just wish we had a peaceful job?" Tim said "where we don't get shot at? Never!" Lucy looked at him and said "never?" He replied saying "no..I live off the adrenaline" Lucy said "yea well u would" Tim said "what's that supposed to mean?" Lucy looked back at the road and smiled as she replied "nothing.." 

They eventually got to the mall but as they pulled up, a few armed men started shooting at the shop. Tim slammed the breaks on and they both ducked down as the windows were smashing. Lucy had her hands over her head as Tim had one of his hands on his gun which was still clipped onto his belt and the other on Lucy's thigh to reassure her. Once all the windows were smashed on the shop, the men stopped shooting and were getting closer to shoot Tim and Lucy. Tim said to Lucy "we need to get out the shop quickly before they shoot us, keep cover behind the doors tho" Lucy said "got it". As they were about to get out of the car, lucy saw a huge van speeding towards the shop. She didn't know what to do, if she told Tim to get out he would get shot but if he stayed in the car he would surely be injured. She said sternly "u get out first I'll cover u, then u can cover me" Tim said "got it" and opened the door of the shop and got out as lucy held her gun through the smashed window, shooting at the criminals. Tim ran for cover behind a big pillar and that's when it happened, Tim got his gun out to cover for lucy but he realised why she so urgently wanted him to get out the shop. The van that was going at at least 70mph crashed into the side of the shop and sent the shop spinning and it eventually stopped upside down, it all went in slow motion for Tim, he stood there knowing there wasn't much he could do. He shouted "lucy!" As more backup arrived. The backup happened to be Nolan and Juarez, Tim helped them shoot all the suspects and arrest them then Tim ran over to the shop.

There was pieces of the shop all over and he tried to open the door where Lucy was but it wouldn't open. He stuck his head through the window where the glass used to be, to check if she was awake. He saw that Lucy was awake and Tim said "Lucy I'm here babe" Lucy was struggling to breath and said "Tim..I.." Tim put his ear closer to her mouth so he could hear her and she said "find someone..be happy..I love..you" Tim's eyes watered as he said "I love u too, more than u could ever imagine. But please try and hang on for me, focus on ur breathing" he reached for Lucy's hand but realised she wasn't awake anymore. He ran his fingers down her face as tears left his eyes, he got up and shouted to Nolan "did u radio in for an RA?" Nolan shouted back "yea should be here any minute" Tim nodded and wiped some of his tears away as he knelt back down, he refused to leave Lucy's side. He heard the sirens and shortly after, bailey and Emmett ran up to  the car. Tim heard the familiar voice of Emmett that made him angry for some reason, Emmett said "what's the situation?" But his face dropped as he saw Tim turn around and say "it's Lucy" Emmett said "I'll get the door open" and used tools to open the door as bailey got her out of the car carefully. Lucy was now lying on the concrete floor as bailey did a quick examination on her to make sure nothing needed immediate care. Lucy was bleeding everywhere and had a few shards of glass stuck Deep into her skin. Nolan and Juarez were also stood around, looking at Lucy nervously. Bailey said "we need to get her to hospital immediately, her body is giving up" emmet helped bailey carry Lucy on the stretcher back to the RA and Tim followed. Emmet got into the front of the RA to drive it and bailey and Tim got into the back with Lucy. The RA sped to hospital with Tim holding Lucy's hand but not tight because there was blood all over her.