• 호랑이에게 물려가도 정신만 차리면 산다 •

Hyunbin has always been good with numbers. So when the first task was given after 15 minutes had passed to tidy things up, Hyun Bin left his activities and stood in front of the keyboard to input the results. He had to add 13 hundreds digits. He didn't hesitate. He immediately set to work and to everyone's amazement, he was the first to complete the task. Since then, he has become the ACE of the SNU team.

Once the door to his room was opened, he was directed to the hall where all the teams met. That's when he met Hyun Jin from the KAIST team a few moments later. They are only 30 seconds apart. The two didn't chat, even when the cameras were off. It was an unexpected meeting that left Hyunbin with many questions about Hyun Jin.

Why did you break up with me?

That's the question he wanted to ask Hyun Jin for a long time.

According to Hyun Bin, it's not because they don't get along, but precisely because they are both so focused on their respective tasks. They are both very competitive and take this relationship seriously. Or just Hyun Bin. Hyun Bin was doubtful. The man was more confident in guessing numbers than looking for answers about his complicated love case.

There was something about Hyun Jin that made Hyunbin curious and wanted to ask. But he didn't have that courage even now.

While the cameras were still off, Hyunbin found himself stealing glances at Hyun Jin whenever he could. There is something mysterious and enigmatic about him. It's as if he's hiding something, and Hyun Bin is determined to find out what it is. They broke up suddenly and it bothers him to this day.

All ACEs from each team had gathered and Hyun Bin was the fastest and answered all the questions correctly. He and his team benefited from getting fifteen minutes to use a “bomule” which could be a calculator-like object to help them take the next test.

“We don't know whether the bombs are a boon or a backfire.” Sung Bum whispered to Hyun Jin who couldn't escape Hyun Bin's observation.

They sat opposite each other and that allowed the SNU team to see the KAIST team freely.

“How did hyung complete the first challenge?” Hyun Seok asked out of curiosity.

"I added each number based on its place value and then combined them," answered Hyun Bin.

"We're just outpaced by Genius-nim," said Do Hyun while biting his fingernails. “Can we get to know other team members? I guess there's no harm in it.” Do Hyun stood up to give advice because he didn't like the awkwardness that was going on. "Hyun Min, you're a psychology student." he pointed out

"So?" Hyun min is not interested in doing anything.

"It's time to apply all the knowledge you have learned on campus." Hyun Seok chimed in.

“I can read their minds from here.”

Do Hyun looked at Hyun Bin for support while Hyun Bin shook his head, apparently not agreeing with Do Hyun's idea. Do Hyun sat back and played with his shoes like a boat.

The silence still lasted. The production team seemed to be doing something in the control room. Leaving the students bored. Moreover, Hyun Bin had been stealing glances at the Kaist team. To Hyun Jin to be more precise. Flashbacks of their relationship suddenly invaded his mind. Hyun Bin shook his head, hoping the memories would go away. He wants to focus on thinking about challenges instead of being the product of a failed romance.

While Hyun Bin was busy reminiscing, Hyun Seok struggled with his emotions while looking at the Yonsei team, at Ju Hyung. Their eyes met and Ju Hyung seemed to want to greet Hyun Seok but the man immediately looked away as if he didn't know him. Ju Hyung smiled faintly and returned to discussing with his team.

“Even though I'm ACE, you don't need to just rely on me. Anyone can take the initiative and work on challenges as best as possible.” Ju Hyung gave encouragement to his team.

“I heard you know one of the members of the SNU team.” his friend asked, pointing with his chin at the SNU team which from a distance looked like a bunch of kids hanging out.

Ju Hyung nodded but didn't want to mention the SNU members he knew. “If you think that knowing one of your opponents is profitable, that's wrong. "In fact, that is a disaster, it could be a weakness," he answered.

“Empathize.”

Ju hyung nodded. “Yes, we have empathy and that is detrimental to us for this competition.”

All teams were busy talking and observing their respective opponents. Hyun Min, who had been silent for a long time, started doing initial research. He looked at each ace and guessed their character. He also reviewed his team members' expressions regarding the opposing team. He is sure that Hyun Bin has something with KAIST's daughter, Seo Hyun Jin. Relationship between Hyun Seok and Yonsei team, Song Ju Hyung. They have mthe same price. Do Hyun seems to know Ku's team member, Lee Dong Kyu. Hyun Min may be the weakest when facing challenges, but he will be a support system for his friends who are hampered by opposing team members.

“No need to be burdened.” Hyun Bin, who had been busy observing Hyun Jin, began to find focus. “Even though you're a psychology student, that doesn't mean you have to research every member of the opposing team. Victory depends on how many points and tasks we complete correctly.”

"But you almost wavered, hyung," answered Hyun Min.

“Eh?” Do Hyun and Hyun Seok approached. Surprised to hear Hyun Min's statement. Hyun Bin shook his head, it seemed he was wrong to invite Hyun Min to talk. Hyun Min's cult looks like it's about to begin.

“I think you and that KAIST girl are…”

“Congratulations on completing the first challenge. Each ACE will be responsible for each task given. Ace will be in charge of inputting the results of each test given while in their respective dorms." The narrator starts to speak again, making Hyun Min cancel his cult for Hyun Bin and his teammates.

“Next, choose a position for each of the remaining members. Each team must have a leader. Input data on the tablet in the dorm. Good evening, please return to your respective rooms."

Hyun Seok stood up, starting to pace back and forth. Hyun Bin calmed him by holding his arm.

"We'll discuss it in the room."

"Let's go."

“We should at least get to know each other.” That's the voice coming from the KAIST team. They were already approaching the SNU team. “We have free time until tomorrow. Why don't we use this free time to chat?” Sung Bum approached Do Hyun to greet him.

“We haven't finished tidying things up yet. See you at dinner. Come on, our children are back." Hyun Bin stood between the two. Blocking Do Hyun's hand which was ready to shake Sung Bum's hand.

“I don't have much to tidy up.” Do Hyun said.

“Hyun Min and Hyun Seok have three suitcases to pack.” Without saying goodbye, Hyun Bin pushed his three colleagues out of the hall.

They were approached by one of the production staff to remove the microphones from their clothes.

“You can use your free time in the entertainment room. Dinner will be held at 6 o'clock."

"Thank You." The SNU team bowed respectfully and returned to the room.

In the corridor, three of Hyun Bin's colleagues looked at the man strangely.

"Will giving you a look like that get the answer you want?" he asked.

The three nodded in unison.

"Have a good dream then." Hyun Bin stepped faster, leaving his three colleagues confused.

“Are all geniuses born annoying?” Do Hyun asked.

• • •

호랑이에게 물려가도 정신만 차리면 산다
horangiege mullyeogado jeongsinman charimyeon sanda

Keep yourself cool even when things look bad.
Literal Meaning: Even if a tiger is biting you, you can still live if you wake up.