9: Growing Measures of Trust

All of the dishes were placed on the table, in the middle being the main dishes and the other side dishes that took some extra time to arrive.

Avril and Reinhard were usually the first ones to eat. Avril promptly scoops up the salad she made to compliment the steak.

The salad does a great job enhancing the taste of the meat. From being joined with delicious sliced cooked tatoes, carrots, ham; alongside having the lovely raw crunch of onions. Another important component that smoothens the taste is the mayonnaise. Though this mostly enhanced the salad instead of the meat, adding some onto the steak still tasted good.

She would not forget to give some of the salad to Reinhard. It took some time until he began eating the salad, but once he did: he had a wondrous satisfied expression.

"This Olivier Potato Salad you made is really delicious." Reinhard commented, though he took care to talk once his mouth was empty. "What really elevates the taste is the mayonnaise. It has the right amount of sourness and saltiness, and I personally like its creamy and fluffy texture too."

"I'm really glad you liked it~" before she could recommend other dishes, she remembered to also share the salad with the elderly couple. "Also– you should have some, Carol-san and Grimm-san."

"The dish does interest me due to this mayonnaise, so perhaps we'll take up your offer Avril-sama. After you are finished eating of course."

"I would like to hear your opinions about it." Avril said with a smile.

Once the meals were all almost empty, Avril delivered the delayed suggestion she had. "I also would like it if all of you can critique and taste the foods I will make in the future," she continued with a dreamy tone. "Next time I want to try making some bliny, borscht, pelmeni, and much more~"

"I take it that these are dishes from Nexus, since I am unfamiliar with the names you mentioned," Reinhard asked with a glint of excitement in his eyes.

Avril responded with an affirmation. Reinhard felt an odd sense of yearning inside of him, and this sensation sparked an idea. "Maybe one day you can spread such dishes around Lugunica."

"That does sound like a nice idea..." she pondered how it could really happen whilst finishing a cup of water. "The best way it seems: is to showcase the food and spread the recipe around. Preferably starting in the Commoner's District."

"And I can help you with that."

"Thanks again," Avril ended up looking down and rubbing her hair.

As the two finished lunch, Carol went up to Avril and said. "I have something important for you a little while after we finish eating our lunch."

"What would that be?"

"Forgive me that it was overdue, but I need to obtain your measurements to commission a proper wardrobe of clothes for you."

"I get that. Although the clothes available still suit me."

"Yes, but you will be staying for quite some time."

Avril remembered that if she rejected being a royal candidate, she still needed to make a formal resignation in front of the sage council most definitely. So she would be stuck here for a month or two at most.

"I will be getting your measurements in your room."

Avril promptly made her way into her room, whilst waiting for Carol. She decided to study the blueprints for making a sewing machine.

◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇

"Avril-sama, can you please open the door?"