10.5: Plans in Motion - First Mission (Part 2)

Carefully making their way back to the slums, Avril then tries to see what kind of person she can interview once more. But as they walked around the part quite near to the destroyed loot house, there was a man who was waving at the black haired girl.

"It's you again Miss! Did ya get your item back? Looks like you even got the girl with you~"

"I remember you, but I don't think I caught your name. You did help me find where Felt and Rom is."

"Name's Ryke, just another slum dweller round ere'" He takes another sip of the bottle he was drinking.

"Nice to meet you, are you free to chat up with?"

"-And do an interview? Yeah, I am totally free."

Felt's eyes squinted at the man, "How did you know exactly what Big Sis is gonna do?"

"It's kinda obvious though, what else would someone from the higher parts that looks concerned be here. Unless they're some sort of spy or something."

"That's accurate..." Felt just shrugs her shoulders in the end. Avril then continues on.

"What problem in the upper levels that brought you here?"

"Hmm... Getting kicked out from the family, let's say."

"Really? Are noble standards quite strict? Or this is a personal problem."

"Not wrong in the 'noble standards are quite strict'. Got thrown down here after a mistake, even though I didn't exactly do it..."

"Really? Are the punishments that harsh? I thought it would be less due to nobility being more favored..."

"There are other factors to it, but you can say that the family I was in was getting quite roughed up by politics. So it wasn't in the most comfortable spot it could possibly be."

"What do you think can solve this problem?"

"I guess... a better environment perhaps... Dunno know how that will be possible."

"Things too harsh around?"

"Hm... Still depends on the family. Oftentimes, they do remind ya that you are a high and mighty noble."

"And then all those pesky nobles really love shoving it in your face. Bleegh..." Felt commented with a sigh.

"Ya got more questions for me, Miss? Any more?" The man had an excited look. Avril smiled at the enthusiasm, but she thought that the reason why Ryke was like that is because he thinks he can get more money.

"Any more problems you think need solving in this kingdom?"

"This kingdom really needs more hands, they still haven't recovered fully from the Cuedegra Famine."

"Still not enough to cover the whole fourth district?"

"Yep."

"Thank you for the information. Also, how do you think your fellow people here are?"

"Well... a bunch of quitters I suppose. Just doing their best to get by, and not trying to get out."

"I agree with that statement." Felt added with a nod.

"Can't exactly blame them as they might end up getting in hot water if the people they stole from found out where they are."

"Ah, it would be especially bad if it was a noble... Speaking of which," Avril decides to add one more question before closing off, "would you leave if you had the chance?"

"Absolutely! If you remove the problem of nobles potentially chasing your ass, then by all means- it would be the best if you can get out of this hellhole!"