36

"Regulus slow down you're not making any sense"
"Come home I need you."

It was a Little after 11 when the sound pulled James from his sleep. That bang and the whoosh of the fireplace. He rushed downstairs into the parlour finding Sirius black himself stood covered in blood and crying.
"Pads?" He said carefully stepping closer
"I'm sorry... I didn't know where else to go..." Sirius took a step and stumbled. James raced forward catching his friend before he hit the floor and began screaming for his parents. That was when James noticed the tear in the back of his friend's shirt a gash that was pouring with blood.
"What has she done to you pads." James said as the two sunk to the floor and he allowed Sirius to cry into him.
After what seemed like hours of his parents patching Sirius up James walked into the room with some spare clothes.
"How are you feeling?"
"Better... I'm sorry for this."
"Don't, don't apologise. What happened?" He sighed sitting on the bed and taking a breath.
"Addy is being presented to Evan tonight."
"So? I thought you were done with her." James stated and Sirius gave him a look. It wasn't one James recalled ever seeing on Sirius. He almost looked guilty. "Sirius."
"I love her James. I've tried, I promise I've tried to get over her. But, I can't shake the feeling I'm meant to be with her." James huffed sitting down himself to catch his thoughts. "I told my mother... as you can tell she didn't react to well. So I ran. Now I just need to find a way to get her out this."
"Sirius, you know how dangerous this is."
"I know. But I can't leave her to them." So it was decided Sirius would do everything in his power to help her.