Discovering your theriotype

After you know you're a therian, you will want to discover your theriotype. As I said in the first chapter, a theriotype is an animal a therian identifies as. Just like you can't choose to be therian, you cannot choose your theriotype.

Finding your theriotype takes time, and I can't tell you what theriotype you have, but here are some helpful things to do when questioning.

-investigating your animalistic urges

If you have experienced animalistic urges before, try to find out the animals associated with them. One of the animals may be your theriotype. For example, if you've had the urge to run on all fours, then you may be a quadruped. If you have had the urge to fly into the sky, you may be a bird. If you have had the urge to pounce on a small toy or bird, you may be a carnivore, and so on.

-Phantom limbs

Pay attention to what phantom limbs you have, as your theriotype might have these limbs as well.

-meditation

Meditating can help clear your mind and help you find out your theriotype. However, your brain might "choose" your theriotype, so it's best to incorporate the other methods.

-Connections to certain biomes/habitats

If you feel connected to a certain biome, that may very well be your theriotype's habitat. I always felt a connection to snowy mountains, and that's pretty much where my theriotype(snow leopard) lives.