#1 - life after death

The moon hung heavy in the sky, casting an eerie luminescence upon the ancient forest.  Whispers of forgotten magic danced on the wind,  there, nestled within a cave as black as midnight, a spectacle unfolded that defied all reason.

A shadow, swirling and pulsing, gave birth to a creature of pure darkness - a shadowling.  Its eyes, three glowing orbs of malevolent light, pierced the gloom, and its claws, honed to razor sharpness, seemed to whisper of stolen souls. 

The king of shadows, a creature of legend, stood guard over this unholy birth, and the moon casted it's gloom onto the earth.

(Jake's POV)

As I lie on the ground, I slowly open my eyes, questioning if I have died. All I can remember is that I was helping a girl who was being threatened by a man with a gun. I intervened, but in the process, I was shot.

I exhale, contemplating my fate.

I am torn between feeling happy that I was able to help the girl and sadness at the realization that I am now dead. However, deep down, I know that I did the right thing.

Strangely, it takes me a moment to realize that my eyes are different, peculiar. I struggle to explain it, but it feels as though I now possess three eyes.

I got up, looking into my razor-sharp claws with confusion. Suddenly, I heard footsteps coming from the shadow deep inside the cave, I can't help but to feel anxious.

I gasp from what I just saw, "a skeleton?!"

A skeleton holding a rusty sword appeared from the shadow and I was taken a back. As it moves, its bones crackles sending shivers down to my spine.

"W-what the hell?!" Just as I said the word, the skeleton started sprinting towards me, I got startled and I tried to run away.

*Bone crackles*

The skeleton followed me and send a devastating blow on my chest.

"ACK!" The sword Peirced my chest, I'm expecting pain, but I didn't feel a thing, like, is that even a real sword?! It pierced through my body though.

The skeleton pulled it's sword and takes a step back.

"Ha! I'm alive!!" I cheered. I stare at the skeleton, "Just what the hell, how can a skeleton move?" I questioned my self.

Wait, I remember something like this, this skeleton is an undead, it's not a zombie, but it's considered as an undead in animes and comics.

Huh? Wait, wait, wait. Don't tell me I'm in isekai!!

The skeleton charges again, but this time, I dodged the attack with precision. Maybe it's because of my three eyes that I was abe able to dodge the attacks. The feeling of getting stabbed at the back is frustrating, I'm really gonna give a payback to this skeleton!

Using my sharp claws, I slashed the skeleton into pieces so easily that it felt like cutting tofu, Is skeleton's bones that soft? And i just slashed it one time, but it looks like I cut it ten times.

"Yikes, this claws is dangerous."

『Skeleton has been eliminated, you'd you like to extract the shadow?』

Shockingly, a game like panel appeared right Infront of me. It was thin, cutting through the air and oddly glowing in blue.

I gasped in surprise.

"Bloody hell... This is awesome!!" I exclaimed, "now I can tell that this world is truly an isekai. But, what does it mean by 'absorb the shadow ', does it mean me, gonna absorb its shadow?"