𝑬𝒑𝒊𝒔𝒐𝒅𝒆 𝑺𝒊𝒙𝒕𝒆𝒆𝒏

"Fuck you mean my slushie was laced!" you exclaimed, your voice tinged with disbelief as you turned to Toji, your eyes narrowing in suspicion.

"How bad is it? Am I like..gonna die? I drank like half of it!" you whined, your words slurring slightly as the effects of whatever Toji had warned you about began to take hold.

Toji let out an exasperated sigh, his expression a mix of annoyance and concern. "I'm taking you to the bathroom, you're gonna have to puke it out of your sys—" But before he could finish his sentence, you collapsed into his arms, your body suddenly limp and unresponsive.

He caught you immediately, his reflexes honed from years of street smarts kicking in. Frowning with concern, Toji gently laid you on the ground, his hand moving to your neck to check for a pulse. Relief flooded through him when he felt the steady rhythm beneath his fingertips.

"Your friends're probably knocked out too, gotta go find them.." Toji muttered to himself, his thoughts already racing ahead to the next steps to ensure your safety.

︶︶︶ ⊹ ︶︶︶⠀୨♡୧⠀︶︶︶ ⊹︶︶︶ ⊹ ︶

You groaned, consciousness gradually seeping back into your senses. Blinking away the haze, you found yourself on a plush bed, the comforter cocooning you in warmth. The events leading up to this moment felt like a distant dream, the edges of reality blurred by a fog of confusion.

As the door creaked open, your gaze snapped to the entrance, where Toji sauntered in, clad in a black compression shirt and grey sweatpants, the epitome of casual yet intimidating.

"Well, well, well, look who's finally decided to grace us with her presence," Toji drawled, a smirk playing on his lips. "You've been out cold for a good seven hours, princess. Must've hit you harder than we thought."

Your brow furrowed in a mix of irritation and curiosity. "What happened? How did I end up here?"

Toji leaned against the doorframe, crossing his arms over his chest. "Relax, sweetheart. You're in the hotel where I work," he explained, his tone surprisingly nonchalant given the circumstances. "And before you ask, your friends are up and about. Probably causing a ruckus somewhere."

A sense of relief washed over you, though it was short-lived as Toji issued a warning with a cryptic undertone. "Oh, and a word of advice: steer clear of Mei-Mei at the front desk. That girl's got a penchant for getting a little too...friendly with people younger than her."

With a casual flick of his wrist, Toji tossed you his hoodie, the fabric landing in a crumpled heap on the bed beside you. "It's colder than a witch's tit in here," he remarked, his lips curling into a smirk. "Figured you could use the extra warmth."

Grateful for the offering, you slipped into the oversized hoodie, reveling in its comforting embrace.

You then squinted, trying to discern Toji's features through the haze of exhaustion.

His form was marred by the evidence of a recent scuffle, bandages haphazardly wrapped around his wounds, fresh blood staining the fabric.

"Damn, Toji, what the hell happened to you?" you exclaimed, a surge of concern knotting your stomach as you took in the extent of his injuries.

His knuckles were split open and oozing crimson, his head adorned with streaks of dried blood where he'd attempted to hastily wipe it away.

Toji's grin widened at your reaction, a glint of mischief dancing in his eyes. "Ah, just a little run-in with the bastards who laced you and your pals," he replied, his tone surprisingly cavalier given the circumstances.