Fixing Us | Four (The End)

If Maja and Aspen hadn't thought of me and began searching for me, I wouldn't have been able to pull myself away from the person at the porch. Although, I already had it in me that this was the secret they were trying to keep in the dark about. By the looks they had given off when they saw us—staring at each other and no one dared to speak— I know instantly that they were behind this. They all have. My parents, theirs and our friends were behind this.

After our awkward encounter, everyone was called to the dining room. It turned out that my Grandparents had to spend Thanksgiving with my Uncle Bran—but for all I know; they were just a dummy being used so we could wait for my former best friend and Pattie to arrive.

I had to give it to my parents and my friends (although, I didn't know if Carlo was a part of this silly thing). They had kept me in the dark for so long; they had been able to keep this secret from me, successfully not spilling anything from the past few weeks.

I actually had the hunched just yesterday when Aspen, Maja and I went to the Mall and they began being all excited about Thanksgiving.

The dinner took place and I kept quiet for far too long. I was not speaking, even when my friends were way too loud in the dining table to which it went to the point they were very chaotic. The parents were not bothered about my silly gang; they had been immune to that already. And then, there was him, the Justin Bieber I've come to be best friend with for years but end up not communicating anymore; he was embraced with joy by my family and friends. It was as if our fallout never happened.

They made him feel normal again. No celebrity life, no paparazzi, no PR stunts, no faking.

My friends had instantly pulled him off of his former pain as they made jokes and talked to him as if they've known him personally like I did. Carlo was the person who led the making of the puns though, making everyone at ease in the dinner table.

Everyone was at ease except me.

It seemed that my heart and mind couldn't let go of my hatred of how our friendship had fell apart. We were those kinds of best friends where we were practically attached by the hip as we do almost everything together.

I actually know him like the back of my hand. I knew him more than I ever knew my brother, or Maja, or Aspen. He was practically the twin of my soul.

I took a deep breath as my Dad spoke, asking him a question as he took a bite from the cake. We were now eating desserts, and almost every food Mom and I had made had been wiped clean.

"Do you like that cake, son?" Dad asked the young man he considered as second son. I knew, when Justin and I's friendship was broken, a part of my parents' had been broken too. We were practically a big family—Justin's and I's had been—but since the fallout, everything almost fell apart too.

Mom and Dad practically had to cut their connections to Justin whenever I'm around; although I doubted it when I'm not with them.

"Yeah, it's so delicious," Justin answered, nodding his head as he chewed on the Canadian Maple Walnut Layer Cake with Fudge Frosting that I had made. Instantly, I knew what Dad was about to say.

"We all gotta owe that to my daughter right there," he said pointing at me, a proud smile on his face.

My friends went 'ooh' as they mockingly say, "Thanks, Isa." And then, there was Maja who practically said, "Thanks, girl! I gotta hire you for my future wedding." I was able to smile then.

"You gotta be kidding me, Maj. No one even lasted to be with you for three months," I replied back while rolling my eyes that got my Gang in hysterics. It was true. My best friend was so picky and get easily bored with the guy she's with; she never really last in a commitment actually. It'd be a miracle if she lasted three months and one day. That's how slim her chances are.