40. Her Silence

Vote target : 1.5k

Siya's pov*

Last night was chaotic. I saw a different Abhimanyu for once my heart refused to accept him as my Abhi but nobody can change reality. He was behaving really weird, I even got scared thinking he was gonna hurt me but he left the room and I just cried the whole night. Right now I am standing near the dead body of my brother, my body is numb. I am too shocked to react, my sister in law is crying her heart out, I can see her henna is still not faded and here the time comes to take off all the colours in her life. The reason for her misery is my husband, I can't even tell this to anyone as I can't take the chance. When he can kill my brother, his best friend then he can do anything, I simply have zero trust in him. My mom is crying continuously and dad is just consoling her, who will tell them what misfortune I have brought to my family. I turned my face and saw Abhimanyu's straight face, void of any emotion free from any guilt. How could he stand so calmly after throwing us into this storm.

The time came and they started to take my brother with him. I had no energy to cry anymore. Guilt inside me is killing me. One thing I am very sure that I won't let you live in peace Abhimanyu, the pain you gave my family, I'll return you with double interest. I saw my mom and my sister in law crying. Meera maa is holding mom while Kaki is holding bhabhi. I stood up, as I couldn't take anymore and everything went black in front of my eyes.

.

.

.

Listen do pal song, for better experience 🩷

My eyes opened and due to sudden brightness I closed my eyes to adjust with the lights. I saw I was in our room. Before I could think further, flashes from yesterday and morning came in front of my eyes, I stood from the bed. My throat went dry, I came to move to the other side and took the glass of water and gulped it down. My body was trembling thinking, I am living with a murderer to be precise my brother's murderer. I was startled when someone opened the door, I saw he was standing. I no longer feel those butterflies now all I can feel is fear.

“ Shona you woke up” He said and started walking towards me, scaring the hell out of me, I gripped the glass tightly out of fear.

“ Don't come near me” I said in a trembling voice but he just stared at me blankly and kept walking towards me.

“ Stay away,” I said, gathering all my courage and starting moving backwards. My back hits the wall indicating no more space left to walk back. Not getting any idea what to do I threw the glass in the way thinking he would not come, but to my surprise he didn't even spare a glance at the floor like he didn't even care a bit. I gulped in fear.

“ You think you can stop me from reaching you with these pieces of glass, I will remove every obstacle which stops me from reaching you” He said and my heart started beating fastly, fear ran in my body. I never thought I would ever be scared of my Abhi but he is not my Abhi, I don't even know this person standing in front of me, claiming his love in the worst way possible. He is looking like an obsessed freak.

“ Don't you dare to come near me” I said, tears rolled down my cheeks.

“ I belong to you only, where would I go without you” Saying he stepped on the glass, I closed my mouth with my hands in order to not escape any sound and with two more steps he stood in front of me. I gulped in fear, I started taking long breaths.

He cupped my cheeks while I cried and his eyes stared at me. I can see pain in his eyes, then why is he hurting me.

“ Don't cry shona, my heart is aching” He said in a painful voice.