008, cvs

CHAPTER EIGHT: CVS

CHAPTER EIGHT: CVS

   RELIEVED. THAT WAS Valerie felt when Luciana told her she thought Anthony seemed genuine. Maybe it was stupid for her to believe her so quickly, but she knew that Luciana Judge could read people in ways many couldn't.

She didn't DM him again, even after her conversation with Luce, but she was planning on it. Spring Training had since started and Luciana was sending her updates on whether he was behaving or not. She felt bad for asking because the manager had so much going on, but there was nobody else who could do it. Her only other option was Oswaldo, and because Lila could read him like a book, that was a no go so it had to be Luce.

It was a few weeks into Spring Training when Oswaldo begged Val to come see him play. Lila was flying out a day later but Alicia was already there, staying in an apartment owned by her father the great Mariano Rivera. When she learned Val would be coming out, she insisted she come stay with her, rather than getting a hotel room. She said yes and that was how she found herself at a local CVS getting candy for their movie night.

"Twix or Skittles?" she asked herself, scanning through the aisle. She didn't usually talk to herself, but the store was mostly empty so she couldn't bring herself to care. Eventually, she just decided to buy both, because, why not?

She was about to go to the chip aisle when she heard footsteps coming from behind her. Instinctively, she glanced back and froze.

He was wearing a Yankees baseball cap, pulled low over his face, a plain white shirt and a pair of black basketball shorts. A large bag of Cheetos, his favorite chips, and a can of Pringles hung loosely from his arms. He had his phone in his hand and was staring down at it, completely unaware that the girl he had been obsessed with since he met her was standing right there. 

Anthony Volpe was literally three feet away.

Before she could even process that, he turned, finally noticing her.

"Val?"

Now, this next part is very important, and you may be asking yourself, 'What the fuck Lottie? Just get on with it?' but I promise this is truly important. Valerie Adele Black was never an impulsive or violent person. She had a very level head and she was very careful with the choices she made. Anthony Michael Volpe knew this. 

So imagine his surprise when the girl he thought to be level headed and cool, raised her arm and smacked him hard across the face.

🌺 🌊🥂

╰┈➤ ❝ LOTTIE'S NOTES

this was shorter then jose altuve wtf

clearly this book was not planned out enough

anywaysss, hope you enjoyed!

comment and vote!

love ya,

- lottie.

published: 4/7/24