Stuck

"Please smile for the photo, kid. One day you'll look back and regret not taking a good graduation picture." My dad pleaded with me. I gave him half a smile. After he and mom were done taking photos of me and my friends, they wrapped me in a hug. "We are so proud of you kiddo."

"Thanks, dad. I know it hasn't been easy for the past year with everything I put you through." My mom placed a soft kiss on my cheek.

"We understand sweetheart. You went through a difficult situation. I'm just glad that part is over." My eyes glanced over the crowd hoping to see that familiar face, but I knew I wouldn't.

"Yeah, it's over." My dad put his hand on my shoulder.

"Manaow, you know your mom and I just want what's best for you." I nodded. "It breaks our heart seeing you this sad and lifeless. You've been like an empty shell for almost a year and we understand, but we also want our happy bubbly kid back. I think... We think it would be best if you spent this summer with your grandmother in Chiang Mai." I looked up at them. "She's doing some volunteer work and they could always use some extra help."

"We just want you to get away for a bit. Get some fresh air before you continue your studies. What do you think?" I looked at the Engineering building behind us and sighed deeply.

"When can I go?" Mom and Dad hugged me tightly. I know they needed this and I do too.

"Everyone will be there. You have to go!" Thida said and the other girls nodded.

"It's been almost two years. What is the point of me going? She doesn't know who I am."

"Manaow..." I was stunned when I heard Warang's voice. "I know you're dying to be there. Even if you don't talk to her, come and be there for her. She's been waiting so long to graduate."

"She would have graduated with you girls if it weren't for me..."

"Enough! Manaow, what happened wasn't your fault. It was Luktan and she's paying for what she did. You can't keep blaming yourself!" Lada yelled.

"Just send me the info and I'll think about it. I gotta go." I hung up the Facetime call. I know they are right, but part of me still is to blame for everything that happened to Gyo. I look at the message Thida sent me. Gyo's graduation is in a week...