Rang Lageya (part 1)

'Happy Holi Neil!'
'Happy Holi Ms. Multani'

'aap yahaan..? Bhardwaj House mein?'
'haan vo tumhe Holi wish karne aayi thi'
Neil looked at her in suspicion.
'I mean tumhe aur Vidur Uncle ko...I hope main unhein uncle bula sakti hun? He won't mind it like Mr. Mahajan did'

'ab ye toh aap unse hi puch lijiyega...main kaise bta sakta hunn?'
States Neil and then simply concentrating on his book while different colors were lying in front of him on a table.

'tun rang nahi khel rahe?' asked Yukti while taking baby steps towards him
'nahi! Jab Zindagi ke saare rang jaa chuke ho toh ye rang kyaa khushi laayenge? Aur vaise bhi in Mahajans ke rang toh aaye din badalte hein' said Neil with a disappointment.

'par main toh Mahajan nahi hun!' said Yukti and sat beside him. Neil was puzzled, they shared an eye contact, meanwhile she also raised her hand
slowly and applied colour on Neil's face.
Neil felt the touch and immediately recalled Yuvika.. how can he not recognise her touch?
But keeping his dilemma aside, he too raised his hand to apply colour on Yukti but yukti stopped him, 'ahh! Blue, Blue colour laga sakte ho? That's my favourite!'
Neil dusted the pink colour in his hand and leaned for Blue.
'I know Neil... Blue tumhara favourite colour hai aur aaj ke din main sirf tumhare rang mein rangna chahti hun' thought Yukti.

                             §§§§§§

Digvijay, Gargi, Dadababu and Dhanraj are busy in celebrating Holi in the lawns.
They have called some dancers and singers to maintain the vibes.
Arjun has told Dadababu that he won't join the celebration as Bhumi needs someone with her and the loud music and too much of colours outside aren't good for her health, though Isha loves to celebrate Holi and she was missing her Rishikesh days but told everyone that she is allergic to colours and decided to stay indoors.

Dadababu called Vidur to join them soon as the function has already started 'main aur Neil bas aa hi rahe hein Dadababu' replied Vidur on phone.

                         §§§§§§§§

Neil gently applied colour on Yuvika's cheek while she closed her eyes to feel his touch..and as she opened them, she saw him looking at her.
They both couldn't resist staring at each other, painted in each other's favourite colour on the occassion.

'Neil !! Chalo Betu.. Dadababu intezaar kar rhe hein' Vidur Uncle summoned Neil while coming towards the living room. He was astonished to see Yukti over there . ..
She was seated beside Neil and seems like they were having a conversation!

'aap yahan Ms. Multani?' asked Vidur with little hesitation
'haan vo Aaj toh sab ek dusre ke Ghar jaate hein, ek dusre ko Holi wish karte hein toh maine socha main bhi aap logon ko wish karne aa jati hun' replied Yukti while getting up from the sofa and approaching Vidur Uncle

'vaise US mein reh kar bhi kaafi kuch jaanti hai aap India ke reeti-riwazo ke baare mein...acha kiya aap yahan aagyi lekin main aapko bta dun ki Bhardwaj House bhale hi Mahajan premises ke andar aata hai lekin aap Mahajans ki Mehmaan hein, hamari nahi.. toh behtar hoga aap apne rishte sirf Mahajans se rakhein' stated Vidur being clear & straightforward.
Yukti's lips trembled, she didn't expect Vidur Uncle to be rude with her.

'mera matlab hai.. Dadababu  ko vaise bhi aapka Mahajan Mansion mein rehna pasand nahi aa rha hai.. aur aise mein aapka yahan naye rishte joddna ya yahan ki aadat daalna thik nahi hoga!' Vidur tried to clarify his statement

'ohh yess! I do understand that Vidur Uncle. Filhaal bahar chalein? Mahajans have done some really good arrangements for Holi!' replied Yuvika with a forced smile on her face.

Vidur recalled how Yuvika used to call him Uncle. .. and he didn't like how Yukti used the same salutation for him.

'Uncle Nahi!! Mr. Vidur bula sakti hein aap mujhe Ms. Multani, I won't mind that' stared Vidur while Neil moved his head towards his father and understood why he did so.