channd ghadiyaan yahi hein jo azaad hai!

Sitting in tatters, at the corner in Barrack, Yuvika was lost in her own thoughts. Her inner turbulence was much bigger than the chaos around but it was silent unlike the outside ones.
Mandira, the lady constable deployed to her barrack called Yuvika's name, 'Chinki Kaur, ye Chinki kon hein yahan?' No one responded. In frustration, she yelled the name more loudly 'ye chinki jo bhi hai ...bahar aao! Time kharab karne ka hai toh mana kar deti hun usko Jo Milne aaya hai...Ayee Chinki!'
Hazy words crossed Yuvika's ears, she realised someone's is calling Chinki Kaur.
But who is Chinki Kaur? Why should she respond? Why should she accept that she is Chinki Kaur? But this is all she have now ....a fake name, a fake allegation and a harsh world around.

Though her mind refused to respond,her heart was longing to meet the eyes who are waiting for her, she wants someone to hold her tight, to hold her close and let her inner turmoil come to rest for a moment. Therefore she stood up and stepped towards the gate, 'kon aaya hai milne?', her voice trembled.

'vo mereko nahi pta ... waiting room se Tera naam aaya hai, 15 minute hein milne ke liye, Jake mil-le aur koi hoshiyaari nahi..smjhi??' Mandira ordered, her voice was too sharp for Yuvika's soft heart, but in response, Yuvika simply nodded and moved towards the visitor's area.

While she was moving towards the area, she was wandering..who has come to meet her?
Her mother? her eyes twinkled in thought or DJ has come to threaten her? Anger rushed through her nerves. But what if her Neil has come to see her? Ohh she can't meet him like this, he won't be able to tolerate it, she can't see him shattered, nor can he see his Yuvika in this condition. As soon as she reached the gate, she tried to hide her wounds with her saree. She pushed her hair behind her ears and tried to open her swollen eyes.

She knows she has to appear strong in front of her loved ones in order to keep their hope alive. Yuvika slowly pushed the door and entered the dim room with an yellow bulb hanging up in the centre.
Her eyes closed with that sudden experience of bright light...
She moved her hands up to cover her face.
'aankhein mat band karo Yuvii, tumhe khud us bulb ki tarah andhere ko mitana hai abhi!'
A known voice reached her ears, her heart skipped a beat recognising the person and she ran towards the her better half to embrace him tight.
'Neil!!' though she thought of staying strong and decided that she will not shed a tear, her heart refused to obey.
She held Neil tight and clenched his shirt as if she never wants to leave him.

Neil felt her tears on his shirt, every tiny droplet was wetting the part near his heart. His arms embarced his Yuvika softly, even though he wants to keep her close, he knows right now all she needs is someone to be soft with her.
They remained in that embrace and didn't leave each other...
Until Neil asked her 'raat ko soyi nahi ho na Yuvii?'
Yuvika left the embrace and wiped her tears, yet keeping her eyes low, she adjusted her saree again to hide her wounds and said,
'nhii Neil, soyi thi main. Zameen par sone ki aadat hai mujhe! Hum rishikesh mein kayi baar chatt par sote the. Tum soye? Mummy kaisi hein?' trying to change the topic.

Neil understood that she blabbering lie but what option does he have? He can't say anything which can wither her courage and it is better to accept her lies instead of giving her a reality check that she is not okay here.
'maine Bhumi Aunty ko tumhari baat keh di hai Yuvii, aur tum himmat mat haarna...unhein intezaar hai tumhara, unhein pta hai ki unki Yuvika' bahut bahadurr hai..'
Neil's voice trembled but he continued..
'aur main vaada karta hun Yuvii, main hoon unke sath! Tum apni family ki chinta mat kro. Mujhse jitna ho sakega, utna dhyan rakhunga tumhari family ka'

'aur tumhara dhyan Neil? Tum bhi nhi soye ho na raat mein? Sach batao ....Buzzo ke sath bahar baithe rhe na tum?' asked Yuvika and held his arms
Neil wanted to deny but his eyes refused to lie.

'meri chinta mat karo Neil, main vaada karti hoon ki DJ chahe Jo kar le mujhe harane ke liye, meri himmat todne ke liye..main is baar nahi haarungi! Fir chahe vo mujhe maarne ki koshish...'

Neil stopped her by keeping his finger on her lips. 'tumhe kya lagta hai Yuvii? Ye ladai sirf tumhari hai? Yuvii maine high court mein appeal kar Di hai! Hum us DJ ko jeetne nahi denge lekin tum ye mat samjhna ki tum akeli ho, main hoon tumahare sath...aur vo kon hai Chinki Kaur, uske khilaaf bhi bahut jald saboot dhund nikalunga main, uske baad hum us DJ aur us Multani se sath milkar ladenge'

Yuvika nodded in affirmation, she indeed felt blessed to have Neil in her life but as soon as she heard Multani's name, she recalled how she ignored Neil's warning about Multani and faced his betrayal later. 'I am sorry Neil, tum sahi the ki Mr. Multani par mujhe bharosa nahi karna chahiye! Sab meri galti hai ..na main unpar andha vishwas karti na.. na ye sab hota...pta nahi kyun mujhe...'

'Yuvii..Yuvii ..Yuvii!' Neil tried to calm her down. 'jo beet gya uspar afsos karke koi fayeda nahi, apni galtiyon se seekho aur aage ka socho! Vo DJ har koshish karega tumhe chot pahuchane ki.. yahaan par bhi tumhari zindagi ko nark banane ki ...but tum himmat mat haarna YUVII, bas ye yaad karna ki tumhare apne, tumhara Neil, tumhara Intezaar kar rhe hein aur tumhe apne liye aur unke liye jeena hai, har haal mein jeena hai!'
Yuvika nodded, she felt little bit confident and accepted that any which way ..she has to fight back.

'chlo ab baitho...' Neil made her sit on the bench and sat beside her.
He slowly held her hand and removed her saree from her arm, 'duniya se jo chupana hai, chupa Lo... par main jaanta hun ki tum dard mein ho!' He picked out a clean handkerchief from his pocket, blowed some air on it from his mouth and tried to soothe her wounds with it. Yuvika kept on looking at him, overwhelmed by his gesture, a tear escaped from her eyes and
Neil immediately catched it by keeping his hand near her chin.
'kahaa tha na maine ...ye aansun keemti hein! Inhein aise zaaya mat karo Yuvii'

Yuvika's lips tried to curve themselves into a smile, in past few days, she has nearly forgotten how to smile.

There Neil eyes were filling with tears but before his Yuvii could see them, he pulled her into his embrace and asked her to rest on his shoulder.
'5 mins hein Yuvii...aaraam karlo!' as if he heard Yuvika's desire of finding a peaceful place to rest and forget her miseries.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Heyy Readers,
Short update but couldn't resist writing something on the current track.
But
Perhaps 'zindagi ki yahi reet hai, haar ke baad hi Jeet hai'

Don't forget to press the Star Button and comment below your feedbacks

Congratulations to all fans of Vanshaj as it hits 300 episode and completes 1 year journey on 12 June, 2024

Happy Reading 💫