𝟮.𝟱 | 𝚌𝚘𝚞𝚕𝚍 𝙸 𝚗𝚎𝚎𝚍 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚖𝚞𝚌𝚑?

˚★༓☾ 𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄 ☽༓★˚

🎼ılılıll |̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅| llılılı🎼
ᴺᴼᵂ ᴾᴸᴬᵞᴵᴺᴳ : 【 𝘵𝘳𝘢𝘤𝘬 5 】

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐖𝐄𝐄𝐊 𝐎𝐅  the Senior Prom, everything was abuzz with excitement

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐖𝐄𝐄𝐊 𝐎𝐅  the Senior Prom, everything was abuzz with excitement... and debilitating anxiety. Everyone was worrying about how their dresses, suits, shoes, dates, food. Even the kids who were too good for prom were worrying about where to hang out and smoke.

Despite how things had been for the past couple months, Molly, Steve, Jonathan, and Nancy were really looking forward to prom. Once the boys found out what actually happened, they were extremely comforting towards Molly, especially Steve.

"... That's what I told Billy and that's why I don't have a date to prom anymore," she finished explaining to the boys.

While Jonathan keeled over, processing everything she just told them, Steve stood up, pulled her into a hug and told her, "That last part's not true. I'm gonna make sure of that."

"What, you're gonna win back Billy for me?," Molly scoffed.

"No doofus, I'll be your date," Steve exclaimed.

"Really? Wait, it's not required that you have to kiss, right?," Molly asked, getting worried.

"NONONONONONOnononononono," the other three exclaimed.

Molly blinked awkwardly, "Alright then, good to know."

*★˚

It was inevitable that Billy and Molly would have to face each other again, having PE classes together twice a week. Steve was right there beside her and she told him that it was going to be fine, but she was honestly pretty anxious about facing Billy. But when they went in the gym and she saw him, she did what she always did when her feelings became a burden. Her eyes went cold as steel and she got ready to play as good as ever.

As they faced each other on the court, she looked into Billy's eyes with no fear or hesitation. He was startled by this, still avoiding eye-contact with her, but it hardly made a difference. It even gave Molly the advantage.

Within the hour, she swept the floor with Billy and his entire team. In her cold, calculating state, Molly saw that Billy was way off his game. He was making mistakes, he was getting sloppy and frustrated. He was pathetic. Later, she'd reconsider all these signs to mean something more important, but in the game, all she saw was advantage.

The rest of the team went back to the showers. Billy was lingering, trying to catch Molly's eye as she left, to no avail.

Steve spotted this and said to him, "So you remembered she exists, huh?"

Billy sighed, "What do you care, Harrington?"

"I care 'cause she's my best friend," he asserted.

Billy rolled his eyes, "So what, you wanna start a fight just 'cause I was looking at her?"