CHAPTER SIXTEEN

ANGUISH

As the night wore on, Yerim ran as fast as she could, desperate to escape the confines of her mother's palace. The air felt suffocating, and her anger threatened to boil over at any moment. With newfound abilities learned from Azazel, including teleportation, she no longer relied on her bike Stratus to travel.

Yerim found herself in Hogsmead, tears still glistening in her eyes and her gaze ablaze with anger. Demons who crossed her path bowed in respect and fear, recognizing the intensity radiating from her.

Ignoring their gestures, Yerim entered a nearby bar, seeking solace in a drink to numb the pain of what she had witnessed. The demons inside gasped at her presence, quickly bowing in reverence.

“Give me the strongest alcohol you have,” Yerim demanded, her voice laced with authority as she settled onto a high chair.

The demon hurriedly complied with her request, trembling with fear as he prepared the drink for the young royal highness before him.

Yerim drank continuously, oblivious to her surroundings, consumed by the pain and betrayal she felt after witnessing her mother and her Seulgi unnie in an intimate position. The image of them haunted her thoughts, leaving her bewildered and shattered.

The mere thought of her own mother and her Seulgi unnie together filled Yerim with disgust. She couldn't comprehend or accept what she had seen, the betrayal cutting deep into her heart and leaving her feeling utterly alone in her anguish.

Yerim's heart weighed heavy with the burden of her nightmare's haunting images. She had tried desperately to push them aside, to bury them deep within the recesses of her mind. But now, faced with the stark reality of her mother and her unnie's secret affair, the memories flooded back with a vengeance.

The anguish of her father's senseless death at the hands of her own mother pierced her soul, leaving her feeling helpless and betrayed. And to think that her Seulgi unnie, once a source of comfort and support, could now be complicit in such treachery, it was almost too much to bear.

The demons inside the bar watched silently as the young royal highness unraveled before their eyes, sensing something amiss but hesitant to intervene for fear of reprisal. Their apprehension deepened as they heard the shatter of a glass, their gazes snapping to Yerim as she tightly gripped the broken shards, blood trickling from her wounded hand.

One brave demon approached, concern etched on his face as he dared to address her.

“Your royal highness, your hand is bleeding,” he stammered, his words met with a hollow laugh from Yerim, her intoxication evident.

“Damn! This is so good! Give me a bottle of this alcohol. I really like the taste!” Yerim exclaimed, her grin twisted with mischief as she demanded more alcohol. The demons exchanged worried glances, unsure of how to handle the situation.

“B–but your royal highness, you're already drunk—” the demon's protest was cut short as Yerim flung the glass, causing panic to erupt among the demons.

“Just give me a damn bottle!” Yerim commanded, her anger blazing in her eyes. The demon hastily complied, handing over the bottle as Yerim thanked him with a manic laugh.

As Yerim's laughter rang out, filling the room with its manic intensity, her tears continued to fall, a reflection of the inner turmoil consuming her soul.

Yerim stumbled out of the bar, clutching the bottle of alcohol tightly as she continued to drink, her movements unsteady and her vision blurred. She no longer cared if anyone saw her in this state, her mind clouded with anger and despair.