27|Taken

Vote, comment & enjoy!

Kaida 'Indigo' Aoki| 21

🗓️Thursday, February 13th📍Manic Hill

"Wow it's been so long since I've been back here" I mumble looking up at the house in front of me. My last memory was of that dinner we had with his father.

It's crazy how they died just days shy of each other and even three years later they still haven't caught his killer.

"Same here, after weh gwan a the hospital mi hop pan the jet the same night and liff up" Syn says and I can hear the hurt in his voice.

"All wah gwan him mother wicked eno, she bury him and deven tell nobody" Njay says and I definitely agree.

She invited no one and an announcement wasn't even made, all we saw were the photos she posted on Facebook.

"Let's get this over with, I have a meeting at 4 with Tsu's teachers" I tell them stepping off and making my way up the driveway.

Syn knocks on the door and it was later opened by a petite dark-skinned girl, "A the wrong house this?" he asks looking back at us confused and I shrug.

"A yasso Genesis say him mother bury him suh mi nuh know" Njay answers and the girl finally speaks up, "Are you guys looking for someone in particular?"

"Silvia Hayes" Njay answers and she smiles, "Oh I'll go get her for you" she says going back inside the house and we stay where we were until they returned.

"What are you doing here?" she asks, her focus solely on me and I slyly roll my eyes, "Well I'm not here to make amends with you" I sass and she scoffs.

"We're here to visit him" Syn tells her and she finally breaks eye contact with me to look up at him with a smile now on her face, "Of course you can Syn but these two stay out here" she says and I have to laugh.

"Don't be like that, I'm sure he—"

"It's fine Syn" I cut him off and he looked down at me, "I wasn't ready to see him anyways, I'll be in the car" I tell him before walking away.

Sitting in the passenger seat, I watched as she let them in and I sighed heavily pulling out my phone to call Amici.

"Baby" he answers on the second ring and I smile at him, "Hey how's your day going?" I ask and he stops what he's doing to look over at his phone.

"What's wrong?" he asks and I mentally curse myself because I should've known he would notice my sour mood, "Why would you think something's wrong?" I ask and he gives me a deadpan look.

"You only FaceTime me during my work day when something's bothering you" he points out and my face flushes, "It's nothing, I just wanted to see my fiancé" I cover and his smile widens.