25|Broken Promises

Vote, comment & enjoy!

Kaida 'Indigo' Aoki| 19

🗓️Friday, September 22nd📍Home

"I don't know what to do Pris, he doesn't talk to me and I can't get close enough without his mother interfering" I sighed heavily as I vented to Pris about how the past week has been.

Since the news of his father's murder and him going to confirm his death the following day, he's completely closed himself off from everyone. The only person he'd somewhat have a conversation with was his mother.

"You just need fi give him some time, cyah imagine losing my only father figure" she says and it was then I remembered I'm an orphan but in a way it's different.

I technically grew up with a father regardless if it was later revealed that he's my uncle.

"I'm trying but it doesn't help feeling like a second-class citizen in my own home, I've been there before and I refuse to go back to feel that way" I tell her and she nods understanding.

"Maybe now would be a good time to think about getting your own place" she suggests and it has been something that I've been thinking about for a couple weeks now.

I get why I moved in with Jamari in the first place with the sexual assault but things moved at lightning speed afterwards and we never got the time to really slow it down.

"I've actually found a place" I tell her and she looks surprised to hear this, "Really?" she asks and I nod.

"I've been looking at a few places and found one that suits me well, I've gone as far as did a walkthrough with my realtor and they're waiting to hear back if I'm interested in buying or not" I explain to her and she squeals with excitement.

"Suh weh yah wait pan girl?" she questions, "I haven't told any of this to Mari and with everything going on now isn't the right time to" I point out and she sighs.

"He lost his father Kaida, there isn't going to be a right time for a long time but it's your choice, tell him when you're ready" she says and I remain silent thinking about it.

"I'll see how later goes" I tell her and she nods.

...

Pulling into the driveway, I stayed seated in the car when I noticed his mother's car was back. That meant she was in the house and I really didn't want to be around her right now.

She made it clear as day she doesn't like me and the feeling's mutual but it was exhausting going back and forth with her all the time especially because Mari doesn't come to my defence at all.

Jumping in fright when someone knocks on my window, I turn to see Syn standing there with Njay beside him in a wheelchair.

Rolling my window down he asks, "Yah go siddung desso wul evening?" and I nod, "Just until him mother gone" I answer and they laugh.