11) katy perry style entrance

Ada wasn't fully aware of the lights of Quebec City fading until she summoned enough energy to.

She was fully taken out of her stupor when Leo handed the lot of them sandwiches. She gladly grabbed one then passed them down to Piper and Jason.

Leo. He'd been quiet ever since they'd told him what happened in the throne room. "I still can't believe Khione," he said. "She looked so nice."

"Trust me, man," Jason said. "Snow may be pretty, but up close it's cold and nasty. We'll find you a better prom date."

Ada and Piper smiled, but Leo didn't look pleased. His sour mood affected Festus as he snorted deep red fire as if keeping himself warm in the Canadian air.

"Le dragon heureux n'est pas content. C'est bon, Festus." (Happy dragon isn't happy. It's okay, Festus.)

"Piper, comment parles-tu français? (Piper, how do you speak French?) Ada questioned, taking a bite out of her sandwich then complimenting Leo quickly.

"C'est le langage de l'amour. Aphrodite est la déesse de l'amour, elle doit donc être connectée. " (It's the language of love. Aphrodite is the goddess of love, so it must be connected.) Piper shrugged and unwrapped her very own.

"Enough with the French, my brain is malfunctioning." Jason joked around but Ada ignored him. Unless he explained why he's so apprehensive, she wouldn't explain why she never listened to him.

They ate their sandwiches as they flew. Ada had no idea how Leo had stocked up on supplies, but he'd even remembered to bring her favorite rations for her. The cheese and turkey sandwich was awesome.

Nobody talked. Whatever they might find in Chicago, everyone all knew Boreas had only let them go because he figured they were already on a suicide mission. As piper and Jason had informed, he expected them to fail.

The moon rose and stars turned overhead. Ada's eyes started to feel heavy - about time. Now that she had a full stomach and a place to sleep, adrenaline was fading.

Suck it up, cupcake! Coach Hedge would've yelled at her. Don't be a wimp!

Ada bit her lip. She missed messing around with coach. Now that she was on a dangerous mission to save Hera, she understood why coach always pushed her and piper out of all the girls - he knew they were going to need the skills in the future to survive. Despite the running and strength training at gym, she felt hopelessly average.

In her weariness, she didn't care about wrapping her arms around Leo's waist as an anchor and murmuring about how she was going to fall asleep. Leo said something she didn't catch as she rested her head on the back of his shoulder and was swept away in peaceful sleep.

^^^

Peaceful? Ada was too hopeful,

It was darkness. It was a woman - long robes of white which pooled at her feet. She was holding a man up by the throat as he grasped and choked for air.

"I- swear, it wasn't-"

"Did you, or did you not kill my son?" Her voice was a commandment, not a question. Ada stayed criss cross applesauce (when she entered the dream, she was this way.)

"I promise you, my lady - None...None of our men would ever do such a thing."

She growled and dropped him, hands up at her temples in an act of stress.