[000] misery loves company

                              "Remind me again as to why we went to that charity? I hate kids. I'd donate a million dollars just to have the little fuckers put down," Roman remarks the minute he and his darling wife, Celia make it back home.

                             Celia's really not in the mood, only half listening to all of Roman's rambling. She was entirely on edge and it has a lot to do with the secret she was about to unveil to him. Was the time incredibly shitty? Probably. But Celia could give a shit less. If anything, this was all long overdue and if Celia had waited a moment longer, she would've exploded.

                             Celia shrugs off her coat and carries it with her into the bedroom, Roman trailing right behind her. He's still talking about how much he hates kids which probably would've scared Celia if she wanted them. But Celia didn't want any kids whatsoever. Not only because she herself despised the concept of motherhood but because she didn't want to burden her child with the Roy name.

                             That'd be a true nightmare.

                             Once upon a time though, Celia had wanted to. But not with her actual husband. Back when her dad was still alive and friends with Logan Roy, a teenage Celia was brought around Roman and the rest of his siblings. While she had grown close with Shiv, Roman's sister, Celia had grown a rather serious infatuation with Kendall, Roman's older brother, from the beginning. He was older and seemed so mature. Celia had wanted him instead of Roman, the weird brother who couldn't stay in the same room with Celia for long and always made the weirdest sex jokes.

                             But Celia and Roman were the same age and pairing them together simply made sense. And with her dad dying of cancer, he wanted to make sure Celia was secure for life. And if that meant marrying her off to Roman before he died, that's exactly what he'd do. Celia had no choice but to go along with it. She didn't love Roman but Kendall was already married by this point and Celia had no one else. When her dad was gone, so would the money.