[003] ringleader

[003] ringleader

                                   When in doubt, Celia knew there was one thing she could do to make herself feel better. And that was spending as much money as she could with her darling husband's credit card while shopping with her friends. They were the only friends Celia had so she knew she should probably try and care about them. But Valentina Cortez and Renee Goodwin were mindless sheep. The only thing the three women had in common was that they were married to rich husbands who barely paid them attention but always threw money their way as compensation. And they were both shallow and boring, but Celia knew how much they looked up to her, how they followed and admired her every move.

                                   And well, Celia couldn't help but keep them around for that reason alone.

                                   Valentina was married to Luis Cortez, a famous tennis player turned newscaster who had a reputation for possessing a wandering eye. And Renee was married to Marcus Goodwin, a plastic surgeon who worked on all of the famous celebrities at one point or another. They had all met each other at a gala some years ago and has basically stuck by each other ever since.

                                  "What do you think about these?" Renee remarked, motioning towards her face which had some designer shades she had picked up earlier.

                                  "Oh my God, they're so cute," Valentina gushed.

                                  "Are you kidding me? They're absolutely hideous," Celia frowned.