Chapter 12

It's been a few weeks since Mal has told Evie about her pregnancy and they are currently going shopping with their husbands.

"Okay so If we hurry up with getting supplies for the party, then we can have some extra time for shopping for clothes, shoes or whatever." Evie explained from the driver seat. "If we have extra time we're going out for chicken wings." Mal corrected with a dreamy look in her eyes. Evie grinned. "Or we could get chicken wings before we go in." She suggested. "Please?" Mal asked. "Who am I to say no?" Evie chuckled as she drove. "Now, where is a good place for wings?" Evie asked her sister. "Their all good, boys what do you suggest?" Mal asked the boys who were both in the backseat looking at something on Ben's phone. "Boys!" Evie said loudly enough to get their attention. "Yeah?" Doug asked his wife. "Where do you two want to eat? It has to be somewhere with wings." Evie asked. "Uh, that new place that's just down the road from the mall?" Ben suggested. "Oh yeah we've been wanting to go there." Evie remembered Doug asking her about it the other day. "I'll take us there." Evie said as she turned to go down the road it was on.

Later once they arrived and got their food.
"E, these wings are so good you have to try some!" Mal said as she stuck a chicken wing in Evie's face. "Ew no, just stop." Evie said as she started to get nauseous. "What are you talking about you love wings." Mal said with a confused tone. "Well their making me nauseous right now so, no I do not like them." Evie said as she scooted away from Mal. "Omg E come with me to the bathroom now." Mal whispered into Evie's ears so that Ben and Doug wouldn't hear. "Fine." Evei sighed as she got up. "Where you guys going?" Ben asked as him and Doug looked up at them. "Bathroom, we'll be back." Mal answered. Mal rushed Evie into the bathroom. "Okay were here, what's up?" Evie asked. "I think your pregnant Evie." Mal said bluntly. "Your insane, is this because the wings?" She snapped. "Yes plus your having mood swings and Doug told me the other day you ate two bacon doughnuts." Mal crossed her arms. "Why did he- oh nevermind I am not having mood swings!" Evie said with an angry look. "What do you call that then?" Mal said as she pointed at Evies reflection in the mirror by the sinks. Evie looked at her reflection and her face fell. "E, you need to take a test." Mal pointed out as Evie lifted her shirt. "Mal look." She said as she looked down to her stomach. "Is it just me or is there a tiny bump?" Mal sked as she examined Evies stomach. "I think there is." Evie started panicking. "Omg me and Doug just got married two months ago, what if he's not ready, what If I'm not ready? What if he doesn't want kids?" Evie said quickly. "Calm down, I'm pretty sure he wants kids, and I'm not ready either but here we are." Mal tried to calm Evie. "Ok, what are we going to do about the test thing?" Evie asked, now a little calmer. "Well buy one at the mall, duh." Mal said. "We can't just drag the boys in a store and buy some, they'll figure it out their not that stupid." Evie scoffed. "Are we sure about that?" Mal said as she propped herself up on a sink. "Seriously Mal, well have to leave them in a store and do it in secret." Evie said. "Won't that seem suspicious?" Mal asked. "Well tell them we're going to get some food from the food court, and when we get back we'll say it took forever because of the crowds." Evie planned out. "And the explanation for coming back with no food?" Mal asked with a brow raised. "Well actually get food when we're done, idiot." She playfully insulted Mal. "Okay okay, take it easy." Mal said as she got up off the sink. "Ready to go back in?" Mal asked. "I guess." She said as she walked out of the bathroom.

Later, at the mall:

"Boys Mal's hungry, we're going to get food you stay here." Evie told Doug and Ben. "We just ate." Be pointed out. "You try growing a human being inside you." Mal crossed her arms. "Come on E." She dragged her best freind out. "Okay I'll get the food you get and take a test." Mal said as they split up. "O-okay." Evie said as she rushed to the pharmacy part if the mall. Meanwhile Mal ordered some food for her and Evie. Once she ordered the food Mal stood outside the bathroom with it. "Hey M." Evie said as she waked out. "What did it say?" Mal whispered. "Uh, it said positive." Evie said. "Knew it." Mal sighed. "Wanna tell everyone at the party along with me?" Mal smiled at the idea. "Oh of course! That's a great idea M!" Evie said as her eyes lit up. "Lets get back to the boys." Mal said as they headed towards the area where they left the boys. "Hey guys, let's keep shopping, I got some food inside this one." Evie said as she nodded toward Mal. They shopped the most of the day and soon went their separate ways.

Later that night:

Evie looked up from the dress she was showing to check her phone which had just dinged. She saw it was a message from Mal and looked to see what Mal sent.

Mal: Hey, so ur in charge of planning this thing, any ideas yet?

Evie: not really, I've been to busy panicking.

Mal: understandable, are you going tell dad before you announce it?

Evie: Well I have to tell Doug first, he deserves to know before anyone else finds out

Mal: when u telling him?

Evie: in a minute

Mal: just get it over with so you can tell dad!

Evie: I was going to tell him once we head off to bed!

Mal: Ok let me know when you figure out party plans, and when your hubby knows

Evie: Ok M ttyl?

Mal: u bet.

Evie put her phone down and groaned. "What was that about?" Doug asked from behind making Evie jump. "Ah!" She yelled as she shot around to glare at Doug. "Sorry!" He apologized. "It's fine, and to answer your question Mal's just being annoying." She said as she rubbed her temples. "You know it's only going to get worse, her mood swings and all that." Doug said as he hugged her from behind. "Yeah, yeah." She brushed him off. "Hey what's wrong?" He asked as he sat on their bed. "Nothing." She said. He pulled her next to him. "I can tell somethings bothering you." He said. She sighed and leaned on him. "Okay, somethings wrong." She admitted with her eyes closed. "Okay, so tell me what's wrong." He said as she opened her eyes. "First let me ask you a question." She said with a worried look. "Okay..." he said, confused. "How would you feel about kids, like in the future?" She said as she looked up at him. "I would like kids, only if you want them though." He answered honestly. "What if I told you that I'm kinda already pregnant...?" She said as she gulped a little bit. "Wait what?" He asked, not believing he had heard her right. "I'm pregnant Doug, I found out at the mall, Mal saw the signs and made me take a test." She admitted. He took her hand once she finished. "You're keeping it right?" He asked as she squeezed her hand. "Yes, I planned on keeping it." She told him. "So... how do you feel about this?" She asked him. "Well it's a little earlier than expected, but if your happy I'm happy." He said then kissed her. "That's the problem, I don't know if I'm happy." She told him and sighed. "I don't think I'm ready for this, I didn't have a good mother to raise me so how am I supposed to be a good mom?" She asked rhetorically. "We'll figure it out together." He said as he squeezed her hand tighter. "So we're telling your dad asap to get it out of the way right?" Doug asked in a terrified voice. "Yes Doug, I already asked him to lunch tommorow." Evie laughed. "Great." She said sarcastically. "We're telling everyone else at the party when Mal is." She told him. "Is everyone in auradon gonna be at this thing?" He asked. "Pretty much, I mean the queen and king are throwing a party and have a mystery announcement, everyone wants to be there." She said as she yawned. "Ready to go to bed?" He asked. "Yeah, your child makes me very tired." She laughed. "Goodnight, love you." He said and kissed her. "I love you too, this doesn't mean your getting out of telling my dad with me." She said as she caught on to what he was doing. "Dang it." He sighed. Evie laughed and turned out the lights.