23|Serpents' Flower

Vote, comment & enjoy!

Jamari 'Rome' Hayes| 23

📍Manic Hill Medical Center

"Genesis a try fi get the video footage a wah gwan and him ago send it over to yuh once him get it" Shako informs me looking up from his phone and I nod.

Turning away from him, I look over at Indi consoling her cousin who hasn't stopped crying since we took Njay to the hospital.

When we got here he wasn't breathing and his pulse was weak, mi just a hope him pull through cause mi really and truly cyah manage a death right now.

Mi already a fucking struggle

"Ah, the man dem reach Priscilla yet?" I question and he shakes his head, "She nuh deh home suh we a try fi find out weh she gone and who she contact" he tells me and I sigh.

Them always fight and mi never normally take them serious cause them always find a way fi make up with each other but if is a case weh she really send man fi hurt mi bro, mi ago kill har, nuh care if a Kaida best friend.

"Link up Keemo and make me know wah gwan" I tell him and he nods walking away.

Hissing my teeth when my phone vibrates in my pocket, I pull it out to see an incoming call from my mother.

Cyah answer you right now Mommy

Declining the call, I put my phone on DND then walked over to Kaida. Getting to her feet when she sees me approaching she meets me halfway.

"She tell yuh wah gwan?" I asked and she nodded, tears filling her eyes and I pulled her into my arms.

"Apparently, them did deh a the house a chill and him get a phone call from Priscilla. Them start argue over the whole cheating thing and then she threaten fi hurt him if him nuh leave Yuri but him never take her serious and hang up. Half an hour later the man dem show up"

None a this nah make nuh sense to me, why she would a go to those lengths fi hurt him over something like that when a nuh the first something like this gwan?

Shifting my eyes over Kaida's head to look at her cousin, I draw suspicion to her when our eyes make four and she quickly looks away.

"That's all she seh gwan?" I pushed looking back down at her and she nodded, "Ah, gwan go be wid yuh cousin" I tell her but she didn't let go of her hold around my torso, now sporting a pout on her pretty face.

"You're leaving?" she asks softly and I nod, "Nah stay long, him in a surgery now but I should be back before them done" I tell her and she sighs releasing me.

"Be safe" she says and I smile leaning down to peck her plumped lips, "Soon fawud"

...

Pulling up outside of Hay Den, I got out of the car and walked over to the entrance.