6.

Pov Douma:

I almost felt guilty for leaving my little dove alone. I locked the door to her room and stashed the key in my pocket.

When I entered the hall where my guests were gathered, most of the food was already gone. Several bottles of wine were empty as well.

All my guests were still present. Akaza was also sitting sullenly at the table, spinning his wine glass in his hand. I didn't want to beat him up in front of the other Moons because then they'd ask what was going on. It was enough that Akaza now knew there was a human with rare blood living with me.

If Muzan found out, he would take Akina as a test subject for his experiments. At best, my little dove would die quickly from the experiments without giving Muzan the answers he wanted.

But my spring flower was strong, and she would survive several experiments before meeting a cruel death.

I swore to myself, by every damned demon in this world, that I would protect my little dove from that fate. It didn't matter if Muzan would kill me for it. I would never let my Akina fall into Muzan's or any other demon's hands.

I walked up behind Akaza and grabbed him by the neck, unseen by the others.

"I'm not done with you yet. You'll regret this, you filthy bastard."

I could feel how tense Akaza was. He was almost trembling.

I let him go and turned to the other Upper Moons.

"You surely remember where your rooms are from last time. You can take the same ones again."

I hadn't even finished the sentence when Akaza got up and trudged toward his room. The others also left the hall, leaving me alone with Kokushibo.

"Save your enmity with Akaza. Killing each other over a girl won't help either of you."

With those words, Kokushibo also left the hall.

I was left alone, trying to make sense of his words. That meant Kokushibo knew about Akina too. He had probably smelled her blood even before he entered the estate.

But I didn't care about Kokushibo's words and walked toward Akaza's room. I kicked the door in while Akaza didn't even flinch.

"What do you want here?"

"I told you, I'm not done with you yet."

Before Akaza could react, I ripped his heart out of his chest.

"If you dare go near Akina again, I'll nail your guts to the gate and let them burn in the sun."

I crushed his heart so that blood dripped over my hand onto the floor.

"You've always been a filthy bastard. All you want from that girl is her blood and her body. Did you really think we wouldn't smell that sweet blood?"

He hadn't even finished his sentence when I slammed him against the wall and pressed my fan to his throat.

"I'm warning you one last time. Stay away from Akina. You have no claim to her. You know what will happen to you if you ever harm her again."

In less than a second, I was out of the room and standing in front of my spring flower's door. I unlocked it and stepped inside. My sweet one was lying in bed with her eyes closed.

She immediately snuggled closer to me as I sat down next to her.

"How are you, little dove?" I asked, knowing she was still awake.

"I'm fine. The pain has almost completely disappeared," she replied, without opening her eyes.

I kissed her forehead and pulled her even closer. She laid her left hand, which I had bandaged today, on my chest.