CHAPTER TWO

"What took you so long Beatrice?" My mum asked as I ascended down the stairs.

"I was picking the right outfit to meet you evil sister in-law "spin around so she could rate my outfit.

"Amber Beatrice Fitzgerald. Mind you language"

"Sorry mum. But it's true. I mean who locks her daughter in the palace. If not her. And she expects suitors to come ask for her hand in marriage. Please this is the 21st century not 17th century where all maidens awaits there prince George or Philip to come save them. "

" I know you have a point but still she is your Aunty. Your father's sister. You need to respect her."

" Yes mother. My apologies. I won't speak ill of her Royal Majesty Princess Madeleine Albright the third of Forlow County." I bow

We both started laughing.

" Now don't be rude Baby. I know how annoying she is but we must put our very best friendly faces to show her we love who we are. No matter what the Royal Law says"

"Yes mum. I promise" I hope  I keep to the promise cause you can never predict Aunt Madeleine.

We both went outside the house. A black Rolls Royce phantom was parked outside. The driver stood beside the opened door.

"Thank you Patrick" Mum said as she sat inside the car. He bow his head down.

"You look cracking today Patty. What's your secret?"I winked at him.

Patrick is a very handsome man. He is in his mid thirties. Blond hair, grey eyes,pointed nose to die for. Those kissable lips that I always admire when he smiles at me.

I mean who wouldn't crush on such a guy. But to bad I'm not his type,he loves the ginger hair types. I'm a blondie and we would have matched so perfectly.

"If you are done drooling over the young man,shall we head out now your Grace"

Mum can so ruin the moment. I straightened my self and slide down as Patrick shut the door after me.

"Can't a lady have her moment Mum."

"You can but not when we are on our way to meet you Aunty. Now darling I need you to put your best behaviour. Drop all you murmuring and grumbling here at home. Make me proud. No matter what your Aunt might say. Don't retaliate or talk back. We need to show her that you are a good lady and should be part of the royal assembly of young ladies."

I try not to roll my eyes. Must I do all of this. Must I make myself uncomfortable to make someone comfortable.

"No day dreaming young lady. Who knows she might give good report to your Grams about you. And the Queen might change her mind about giving your cousin Georgia the Royal Princess crown."

"Mum"I put my hand on hers"I don't care what people think about me or the crown. All I want to do is to focus on myself. My dreams. What I can and cannot. What I will and will not. Who cares about the crown. Will is there to take over Dad's position.

"Mum. I want to be different. I want to bring new things and new experience into our lives. Think of it this way. We are the first Royal family to break the tradition. Even the House of Lords were in total support. Even though some are not."

"Baby I know what you are trying to say. But still sometimes we need to think about other in whatever we are doing. Our decision can either change the world or affect it."

"We are here,your highness." Patrick announced as we pulled into Shallow Hills Palace.

These place is so magnificent. Out of all the Royal houses Aunt Madeleine has the best house. Aside from ours though.