Chapter 20 - Hunted Merman

____________________________________

In a van, Izana was held captive by one of the hunters, Jason. "Sir.. What should we do to the guy?" Jason tilts his head. "Obviously, we'll sell him for auction. What do you think?" Their boss, Hugo complained. "R-right.." Jason turned his head away shyly. Their companion, Lily took a look at Izana. She found him familiar. "Hey.. He looks familiar... His face is ringing some kind of bell..." Lily thought deeper. "Izana Kurokawa..!" Lily realized it now. The merman Jason caught was Izana Kurokawa. "No way! Boss! We're gonna be famous with this catch!" Jason ecstatically shouts. "I know. That's a good thing." Hugo chuckled evily. They got to their base after a few hours. They brought Izana to a room and chained his hands together. After an hour, Izana woke up. Izana found himself in an unfamiliar room with his hands chained together. "So, you're awake.." Hugo smirks and walked towards Izana. "S-stay away from me... please..." Izana backed up a little. "Dont worry. You'll join the other mermaids my workers caught. But for a little while." Hugo cackles evily, gripping Izana's chin. "You'll make me and my workers rich.." Hugo lets go and starts dragging Izana to a room with more mermaids that were caught. "I'll start the auctioning in a bit." Hugo walks away from the room with malicious intent. Meanwhile, Kakucho was still trying to find Izana around the hotel. "Goddamnit! Where is he..." Kakucho ran around, asking people if they seen Izana. Until one guy spoke up. "Oh, you must be the one he was with last time! I saw him on the beach at around... Maybe 4 am. And then I think he got kidnapped because I saw him sleeping while another guy was carrying him. There were 2 more people. They're mermaid hunters." It was a life guard at the beach. "What?! Are you serious?! Where could they be?!" Kakucho shouts worriedly and angrily. "I think their base is somewhere here... An auctioning place.." The life guard answered. "Thank you for telling me all this!" Kakucho bows and runs off. He sprinted faster than the speed of light hurriedly. Kakucho, after 30 minutes of running, finally made it to the auctioning place, where Izana was taken. Kakucho entered and was greeted by a woman who worked there. "Good morning, sir. Would you like to auction a mermaid?" The woman bowed and smiled at him. "Sure..." Kakucho thought that buying Izana would help bring him back. "Good! Here, an animal masquerade mask. Everyone will wear this." The woman hands him a black bear masquerade mask to Kakucho. "Thank you.." Kakucho nods and puts it on before walking away. He saw the inside, and it truly was an auctioning place. There were many people sitting, wearing animal masquerade masks. Kakucho took a seat near the front, then felt people's eyes on him. "Who is that?" A man asked. "I dont know.. But he looks hot..." A woman replied. "Fuck, why is it hot in here, damnit?" Kakucho whispers to himself, taking off the 2 buttons on his polo. "Damn.. He's hot." Another woman mumbled under her breath. The lights lit up and a man appeared on stage. "Good morning, everyone! Are you fuckin' ready for our mermaid auction?!" The man, Hugo shouts. Everyone shouted in joy as a reply. "Good..." Hugo started calling out mermaids one by one, and people were buying them for thousands and millions. They went on until the last one. Kakucho was waiting for Izana for too long. "Now, the best for last! Izana Kurokawa! Tan skin, a scar on his tail, a betta fish, 27 years old... 5'5... White hair.. Orchid eyes." Lily, his assistant, dragged in Izana, still having his hands chained. Izana looked down with an anxious face before facing everyone. "Starting at 20k!" Hugo shouted clearly. "50k!" "100k!" "700k!" "10 Million!" More shouted. "Do I hear any more than 10 Million?!" Hugo spoke. They stayed quiet until a deep, smoky voice shouts. "10 BILLION!" Kakucho bangs the table and stands up. "DO I HEAR MORE?!" Hugo shouts again. "100 BILLION!" A man shouts. Kakucho snaps his glare at the man. "500 BILLION!" Kakucho argued. "1 TRILLION!" The man shouts again. The crowd watched their rivalry in suspense. Izana watched their rivalry as well, scared for his life. Izana just hoped to be in good hands. "10 TRILLION!" Kakucho yelled. "100 TRILLION!" The man shouts back. "500 TRILLION!!!" Kakucho screamed, then it ended. The whole room was filled with silence. Izana couldnt recognize Kakucho from his mask and felt even more scared of what will happen when he gets sold to the man who bet 500 trillion on him. "Sold to the man in a black bear mask!" Hugo pointed at Kakucho and motioned him to go up stage. Kakucho started going up and arrived at the stage. Hugo hands Izana's chains to Kakucho as Kakucho gave him the pile of money, he promised: 500 trillion. "Now, may I know your name, sir?" Hugo smirks and bowed shallowly, raising his head. Kakucho's smile faded into a cold frown. Hugo could feel Kakucho's eyes glaring at him with a deadly stare. Kakucho took off his bear mask, throwing it to the floor. Kakucho's face was revealed to everyone while Hugo's eyes widen in shock. Kakucho gripped Izana's chains until they shattered, setting Izana's hands free. "K-kakucho.. From Bonten! Sir.. It's such a-" Hugo got cut off by Kakucho punching him in the jaw, eyes full of rage. Hugo falls onto his feet, terrified of Kakucho's strength. "You're the one who took Izana? What do you think would happen if I found out later? Do you want to know?" Kakucho asks coldly and begins to grip his collar. Izana's eyebrows shot up. To think Kakucho would be the one who bought him at auction, but he was glad anyway. "I will track you... And I'll rip out your intestines and choke you with them... And after that, I'll shove it down your throat... And I'll find the one who bought Izana and if I find out they will do something bad to him, I'll pull out their foot, rip their mouth open and shove it up their asses... And I'll feed both your bodies to those sick and dying cannibals out there." Kakucho threatened Hugo with piercing eyes. Hugo trembled and nodded shakily. "Now, if you have nothing else to say to me I'll leave with my damn prize." Kakucho picked up Izana firmly and left the stage and the building. "Kakucho.. Thank you..." Izana teared up and sobbed onto Kakucho's shoulder. "I.. I dont know what I'd do... If you weren't the one who bought me.." Izana added between tears. "First of all... You shouldve told me you were going out... I was so worried about you.." Kakucho frowned, furrowing his eyebrows. "I... Didn't want to wake you up.." Izana mutters sadly. "..Hold onto me.." Kakucho tightens his grip on Izana so suddenly. "..Oh... Okay..." Izana wraps his arms around Kakucho's neck. Kakucho quickly pulled out a grapple hook, using it to get to the roof of a building. Kakucho tucks it in his pocket and starts running on the roof. Kakucho was running as fast as he can since he was a very agile runner. Kakucho leaped building by building swiftly while holding Izana in his arms. Izana was just utterly shocked at what was happening at the moment.