The Monkey King vs The Monster Duo

Genma arrived at the forest to see the unconscious Naruto.

"You did great kid" Genma thought as he picked up Naruto

Kakashi and Sasuke arrive at the arena.

"I hope we are not to late." Kakashi

They looked to the to crowd see the leaf ninja had sad expressions. Guy makes his way down to arena, he fills Kakashi and Sasuke in on the details.

Two days after the battle
It was a rainy day as nearly everyone was at the funeral ceremony for the Hokage. Naruto was standing next to his teammates and Konohamaru and Iruka, who was comforting the young boy who had just lost a grand-father. Meanwhile, Kakashi was in front of the stone of Obito.

"Are those for Hayate?" Kakashi asked Yugao

She walked towards him.

"Better make it quick the Hokage's funeral has already begun." Kakashi

"The ceremony for the Sandaime is about to begin. Paying respects to Obito. Instead of constantly inventing new excuses for being late. Why don't you simply come here earlier." Yugao

"Yugao bend down in front of the memorial stone. She placed the flowers she brought in front of it. And payed her respects

"I did. I have been here since dawn. This place reminds me of the mistakes I made in the past. And I have made so many of them." Kakashi

"Goodbye old man" Naruto thought

The funeral was over and everyone was heading back into their homes

"Bye Iruka-Sensei" Naruto said as he left to rejoin his team.

"Bye" Iruka said.

Even though he is gone, the will of fire still lives, protecting the village as the ninjas of this village once again head toward a new tomorrow.

Next day

"So you still haven't given up your habit of peeping" Homura

I see it as a way to pass the time, Granny Koharu, Old man Homura. The better question is why are you two here for? Apparently the talks with the Sand when without a hitch." Jiraiya asked.

"Of course it did considering the fact that they find out that it was all of Orochimaru's doings and that he also killed their Kazekage. Thus they accepted a total surrender to the leaf which we accepted and as to us, the ravages of the war are our consequences and the restoration of the village power is our most pressing need at the moment. Our power is declining and people are becoming fearful. Right now under these circumstances, the top priority is to make preparations for an upcoming crisis." Koharu explained.

"Because we do not know the actions that the neighboring villages will take, it still depends. Until the power of this village is restored, several of our top people from the army were summoned and an executive committee was formed from these people. This was how this matter was dealt and decided with. Now first of all, we need a strong leader to rely on. Right now there seems be some sort of trouble coming this way and it's not just Orochimaru." Homura said.

"You see, what we are trying to say is that we need to build a foundation for this plan and as of now, a Godaime is needed." Koharu said.

"And in a meeting with the fire Daimyo it was decided that it would be you Jiraiya." Homura said.

"Sorry but I'm just not the type for it." Jiraiya objected.

"This is the decision that was made and besides, are you saying that one of the renowned sannins is not capable of handling such a job." Homura said.