FORTY-ONE

Baton Rouge

Nina Simmons, 22
October

"This time we'll let you go because we understand what you're going through but you have to do a mandatory year of therapy. We will be assigning you with a therapist, you first session is on Monday."

"You have to go twice a week and your attendance will be tracked. Case dismissed." The judge spoke.

Nina felt like a weight had been lifted off her shoulders. Passion wasn't getting taken away and she wasn't going to jail. Therapy wasn't a bad thing so she didn't mind going.

Once court let out she met her mom out front.

"Thanks for coming y'all." Nina spoke to her mom and Sincere. "Of course, i'll see you later I have to get to the shop. I love y'all." Her mom responded as she gave her a hug.

"We love you too."

After she walked off Sincere followed Nina to her car so he could put Passion in her carseat.

"Okay, bye." She spoke after he walked up to her window. "Come home"

"No, ask Kimmy to come over. Ion wanna deal with you no more Sincere."

"I love you bae i'm sorry. How many times I gotta apologize to you?"

"You've already been forgiven. If you would do that to me then you would do anything. I can't respect no lying ass unloyal ass nigga."

"Ion even kick it wit her. Dis whole time we been together I only gave one person my attention n I barely did det. Can I please just have another chance? Sheon mean shit to me bae."

"You shoulda thought about that Sincere. Imma see you when I see you."

"Baeeee" He dragged out as he opened her door. Sincere climbed in the car and started kissing her. "Mane move!"

"I'm sorry!"

"Okay, and? What the fuck a sorry gonna do? You done already embarrassed me enough."

"I love you." Sincere grabbed her face and kissed her lips. Nina tried to hide her smile but he saw it so he started tickling her. "Okay- okay mane stop!" She laughed

"You be doin' me wrong mane." Sincere sighed "I'm just playing my role."

"Nah you being rude Nina."

"We hungry, feed us." Nina responded trying to change the subject. "Y'all gone come home?" He asked as he laid his head on her chest. "Nehmine just don't even worry 'bout it boo."

"Where you wanna eat?"

"You know exactly where I wanna eat. I just want you to pay."

Even though the two of them were separated at the moment they still kept in contact and made sure to have a healthy co-parenting relationship.

"Gimme another kiss." Sincere spoke, lifting his head up. Nina kissed his cheek then he smacked his lips. "Fuck is you playin' wimme fa?" He asked

"Cause ion wanna kiss you. Get off my lap, you making my legs fall asleep."

"Imma follow you to wherever you tryna go so don't drive too fast."

"Okay"

Sincere went to his car then Nina started her car so they could leave the parking lot.

They met up at Nina's favorite seafood restaurant then went inside. They were seated together then Nina sat the baby on her lap.

"Ahhh" Passion yelled while hitting on the table as drool dripped from her mouth. "Ughh girl" Sincere scrunched his face up at her.