Chapter 1

{August, 2007}

Crowley was content and relaxed, with a glass of scotch in hand, watching Golden Girls on his newly purchased flat screen TV. But then suddenly, Rose looked a lot less like Betty White and a lot more like Hastur.

"Crawly." Hastur's voice came from the television.

"Ah, Hastur. I gotta say, high definition does not do you any favors, can see your ugly face way too clearly." Crowley replied, mildly annoyed that his favorite show was being interrupted.

"Lord Beelzebub demands your presence." Hastur tells him, ignoring the insult.

"What for? Another commendation?" Crowley asked.

"No, they need you for a special assignment." Hastur replied.

The demon groans internally, everything about this is just screaming 'disaster' to him. He almost wants to say 'no' or rather 'f**k, no', but judging by how serious Hastur sounded, Crowley knew refusing would be a very very bad idea.

"Ngk, alright, where and at what time do I need to meet with their lordship?" Crowley sighed, after downing what was left of his scotch.

"Here...now." Hastur said, before the TV glitches then cuts off.

Next, a large swarm of flies enter the apartment through a window that had opened on its own. Flies fill Crowley's apartment as the lights flicker on and off rapidly. The lights turn off completely for a few seconds, and when they turn back on, Beelzebub is sitting across from Crowley.

"Crowley." Beelzebub greeted coldly.

"Lord Beelzebub." Crowley replied.

"So, what's this "special assignment" Hastur was telling me about?" he asked them.

"You have been chosen by Satan himself to introduce the Antichrist to the world." Beelzebub told him.

".....heh?" Crowley said nervous and confused.

Beelzebub glares at him, with a look on their face that basically translated to, "Are you f**king stupid?".

"Uhgg. You remember Mary, right? And how she was chosen to carry and birth the son of God?" Beelzebub began to explain in a really condescending way, as if they were talking to a small child.

Meanwhile, Crowley kept his face neutral, not wanting his boss to know how incredibly anxious he was. He did not like where this conversation was heading.

NOT. AT. ALL.

"Well, it will be like that, but with the son of Satan instead of the son of God, and you instead of Mary." Beelzebub explained with an exaggerated smile that came off more passive-aggressive than genuine.

" Beelzebub explained with an exaggerated smile that came off more passive-aggressive than genuine

[KITTY INTERMISSION! (Sabrina sat in my lap while I was writing this scene)]

"Wait...you think I'm a virgin?" Crowley asked.