5-Bride of Blood

ANNA

I settled into the plush smoking my cigarettes, the dimly lit interior of Terrence's opulent casino, patiently awaiting the arrival of none other than Terrence Adams. My intention was clear: to acquire a stake in one of the casinos nestled on his streets. However, it seemed Terry had a different proposition in mind, one that would mutually benefit our interests and solidify my power in these streets

I had not seen him since he got out of prison, The brothers Terrence and Thomas have kept the gang strictly family and close friends. Terrence and Thomas, had always maintained a tight-knit circle within their gang, the Clerkenwell Crime Syndicate. Infamous for their involvement in drug trafficking, extortion, and murders, with their empire once being worth millions.

"Did I make you wait, Ace?." A man's voice haunted me, his rich voice filled my ear before I locked eyes with blue ones. Terrence. He's tall, blonde, and as much as I hate to admit it, very handsome. Everything about him is chiseled, including that scowl permanently carved into his forehead. He exuded the aura of a typical gangster, the kind that made you instinctively look down if your gaze dared to meet his, his presence intimidating.

"It has been dark ages since I last saw you, Terry."I spoke offering him a little smirk, he looked rougher than the last time I saw him. "How was prison?"

"As you said- dark ages Ace. How are your blades?"

"Ready to be used," I smirked.

"So you are to buy one of my casinos?" Terry said as he settled beside me, "You've already read the contract why been smart with me Terry?" I teased.

"Why?"His question hung in the air, loaded with unspoken implications.

"I'm going to stay here for some time." Being the wife of a fucking prince- I wanted to add.

"You already-"

"Is this your new bitch? You now going for black-haired whores?" the voice sneered, labeling me in a way that stirred a deep anger within me. I glanced at Terrence, who nodded subtly, almost imperceptibly, as if granting me permission to act. It was one of the things I admired about him, his willingness to let me handle such situations in his casino. And handle it, I would.

"do you have a problem with dark-haired whores?" I looked back at the man, with dark blue eyes and striking blonde hair- very fucking blonde. I hate it. "The only issue I have with them is how easily they find their way into my bed," he retorted, a smirk playing on his lips.

"Care to try bringing me to your bed then?" I taunted, meeting his challenge head-on. In an instant, his hand shot out, grabbing a handful of my hair. My blades tingled with anticipation, eager to be unleashed. I twisted my head, the grip on my hair tightening, and drove my blade into his hand. A satisfying growl of pain escaped him, echoing in my ears. Perfect.

"You think a blade would stop me Whore?" he sneered, his smile widening. I recognized that smile; I had seen it before. Another sociopath, just like the last. Karma. He was a trained sociopath.

He twisted my arm, forcing me to bend to his will before he grabbed a knife and plunged it into my right thigh. The rush of adrenaline was overwhelming. I wanted nothing more than to end this bastard. Reacting swiftly, I struck with my other knee and drove my blade into his thigh, bringing him to his knees. He was massive, but I had the upper hand for now. Just as I prepared to inflict further damage, Terrence's voice cut through the chaos. "Don't forget next time who are you calling a whore- not Ace." Terrence's voice rang out, his tone laced with amusement as he looked down at us with a bemused expression. Brother?

He was his brother, none other than Thomas. I decided to let him be, noticing Terrence's slight glare but also his underlying satisfaction at seeing his brother put in his place. "What do you mean, Ace?" Thomas asked, confusion evident in his voice. "The woman you just insulted is Ace Markov Thom," Terrence explained, his tone firm. I re-sheathed my blade, dusted off my jacket, and prepared to leave. "I think your brother needs more training, Terry," I remarked casually.