"My Angel in Disguise" 44

“Kathryn” uttered Ms. Alyson when she opened the door. “I brought my friends too” she told her. “Come in” Ms. Alyson said as she let them in. Kathryn placed the flowers beside Josh. “Hi Josh, how are you feeling?” Kathryn asked him. “With those beautiful flowers, a pretty girl and her friends, I feel very pleased” he told her as he smiled. “You’re so sweet” Kathryn as she smiled. “Kathryn, can I talk to you outside?” Ms. Alyson said as she went to the door.

“Why did you do it?” Ms. Alyson asked Kathryn. “I wanted to help if I could help” Kathryn answered. “I’m sorry if I hurt you and did the wrong thing” said Kathryn as tears came rolling down from Ms. Alyson’s eyes. Kathryn saw Ms. Alyson crying; she stood up and knelt in front of her teacher. Kathryn held her hand; “I… I don’t know if what you did is wrong or right Kathryn” she told her student. “Don’t cry; whether it’s wrong or it’s right, it’s my decision, it’s what I chose to do. We should just look at the positive perspective of life. Josh was given the chance to survive and struggle, he’s happy now, I hope you are too” said Kathryn as she stood up and hugged Ms. Alyson.

“Kathryn, thank you… Thank you so much” Ms. Alyson said as she hugged her tightly. “Feeling better Josh?” Daniel asked Josh. “Yeah” he answered as he played with his toy. “That morning, my sister came in crying so hard” he shared them. They all looked at Josh and listened. “I looked at my crying sister as she looked and cried at me. Thoughts came running in my mind. I thought that she’s crying because, I was about to die sooner that she’d have no one to accompany her. I felt sad that very moment, not because I was about to die but I was about to abandon my sister against my will.

“I didn’t want to leave her alone, I know how it felt being alone. I was alone in this room when she goes to school and teach. I can’t blame her though, that’s her job, it’s where we get what we eat. Before, I hesitated to donate my blood to her when she needed it because I thought I would die but, I did. Then I asked the doctor when I would die, he just laughed at me. But I knew my sister was willing to donate blood to me, even if it means to die or not. I love her so much that I don’t want to leave her.

“But that morning, it was a miracle day. She came in crying, she then hugged me tightly. I asked her why, I asked her if I’d be dying sooner; she looked me in the eyes and told me that I can undergo the surgery because someone donated blood. They didn’t know the name, it was anonymous donor. They described the donor to my sister but not to me. But whoever the donor is, I’m thankful. Because of the donor, I’d be able to accompany my sister and help her. I wanted to tell how he changed other people’s lives by doing good things” Josh shared as he wept.

Natalie wiped his tears and hugged him. Tiffany and Russell looked at one another and knew who the donor was. Ms. Alyson and Kathryn entered the room and greeted Josh. “I like you” Josh told Kathryn as they were about to leave. Kathryn smiled and bid goodbye to him. Tiffany accompanied Kathryn to eat at Don Henry’s. They got their orders, Daisy smiled at them and was about to leave when Kathryn suddenly said “Wait.”