"My Angel in Disguise" 27

“Cyndi, I never imagined you’d do that for me. I was completely wrong though, you would help anyone, even if you didn’t know them. Thank you so much for everything and especially the friendship you’ve given me” Tiffany said and placed her rose on the ground.

“Cyndi, you were like a baby sister to me. I knew that we would be good friends since the day I saw you at the cafeteria. You showed me kindness and gentleness; even though I don’t know you much yet, I know you’re a good girl, seeing you help other people. We love you Cyndi” Natalie said then placed her rose beside Tiffany’s.

“Cyndi, you became my best friend that night you visited me in the hospital. I didn’t know you would have the ability to change someone so deranged and out of hope buy, you did. You even fixed me that I became like this but never did you complain of what I can offer you but instead encouraged me to be who I really am. Cyndi, I’m going to miss you; your smiles, your beautiful voice, your violet things, your kindness, your gentleness…” said Daphne as she started to cry and so with Tiffany and Natalie. “I’m going to miss everything about you Cyndi, I love you my best friend” said Daphne as she placed the rose on the ground.

“Cyndi, I… I’m so sorry. I know I once hurt you. Remember I hit you with a ball? It was me, I really didn’t mean to but hey, because of that we became friends, right? Cyndi, I’m sorry I hurt your feelings judging your appearance; I should’ve looked at the sun rather than the rain. I don’t how to say sorry because I know that even a thousand apologies cannot overcome my shortcomings. We’ll miss you Cyndi” said Daniel then he placed his rose beside the others’.

“Cyndi, I don’t what to say or where to start. I… I know I’m frigid like what you’ve said before but, I want to tell you that you’re wrong. Because of your inspiring stories, I remembered how it was like to bond with my grandmother again; I once heard you singing and was amazed that I started to play the piano again; I was touched by the rose you’ve given me that I became gentle and patient; I saw you cry that made me kick the ball so hard that it hit Daniel badly; I learned how to cook and bake again too. As you don’t see it, you’ve actually changed me a lot. Before, I may be a starfish living under a rock but not like Patrick the Star who seems happy with his friend Sponge Bob. I was lost; I didn’t know where to be found. But the day I met you I started to feel at ease knowing that someone kind and gentle exists with the ability to change people like us, that everything will go smoothly and fine. You changed me; you changed Daniel to be more truthful and realistic of his own feelings; you changed Natalie, she became more helpful and thoughtful; you changed Daphne, a gangster to a princess and Tiffany, someone who hated you badly who now loves you. You changed every one of us, we will never forget you, you’re an angel in disguise” said Russell as he placed his rose on the ground and whispered “PS: I… I love you.”

They started crying hard when they all finished talking to Cyndi. They formed a circle and hugged one another. “You kicked that ball on purpose?” Daniel asked as Russell hugged him. Time passed, time healed and time changed but somewhere in their hearts, Cyndi would remain; reminding them that life is full of happiness and gentleness.