22|Mirae Corp

Vote, comment & enjoy!

Kaida 'Indigo' Aoki| 19

🗓️Monday, August 28th📍Mirae Corp

"Yuh sure yuh ready babes?" Mari asks looking over at me and I give him a nervous smile.

We were sitting in the car outside my father's company as I worked up the courage to go inside. The meeting to announce the new CEO is today but this would also be the first time I'm seeing them since the incident.

After what I'd learnt from Mari over the weekend my perspective on becoming CEO has changed.

Everything was starting to make perfect sense, I distinctly remember the way my 'father' used to talk about the company in the sense that it needed me to strive.

Is that the reason he keeps pushing for me to be CEO so I could continue funding their lavish lifestyle?

Well, I was here to find out...

"I'm not but I have to face my demons head on don't I?" I ask and he chuckles, "Nah fi face nuh demon when mi deh yah" he says in all seriousness and I laugh at that.

I swear he's such a character. It was good though, seeing him in good spirits after how miserable he's been being around his father these days.

"Okay, I'm ready" I sighed grabbing my bag, "Call me when yuh ready and mi come get yuh" he tells me and I nodded leaning over for a kiss before exiting the car.

Entering the building, Melanie greets me by the elevators super excited to see me, "Glad to have you back Ms. Aoki" she smiles and I return it.

On the ride up to the top floor where the meeting was being held, I gave myself a small pep talk and the minute the doors opened I stepped out feeling confident in the decision I'd made.

It was now or never and I wasn't going to walk away without knowing the truth.

Ignoring the murmurs from employees idly standing by, I stepped past holding my head high as we made our way to the conference room.

"Well isn't this a pleasant surprise" Lorenzo beams, announcing my presence to the room and everyone turns to look at me.

The shocked look on my parents and sibling's face fuelled the fire that was raging inside me.

No one, with the exception of Melanie and Lorenzo, knew I was coming today and I kept it a secret for this exact reason. I wanted them to think I wasn't going to show up, that I was going to hide after what they'd done.

"Always a pleasure seeing you Enzo" I greet back, taking my seat beside him. My family sitting across from me and I flash them a toothy smile.

"Now that everyone's here, let's get started" the head of the board, Atticus, says kick-starting the meeting.