Security Required for the Psychopaths

//if I'm so special why am I a secret//

"Lay down, Y/N," Five said, his tone surprisingly gentle. Suspicious, I looked at him.

"You're going to leave again, aren't you? You just wanted to get rid of Vanya so that–"

"Lower your voice," Five demanded, putting a hand over my mouth.

"Mghpp–"

Five released his grip, turning to spatial jump away but I grabbed his wrist, bringing him to face me. Eye to eye, lined up perfectly. I wasn't going to let him get away again. Five's eyebrows furrowed, shadowing his green eyes. They flicked between mine, then down my face. Back again, and my grip on his wrist tightened until he moved his arm to my waist. I let go.

"You don't understand, Y/N," he whispered.

"You've never given me the chance to understand."

Five shook his head. "I have to leave, and you can't come with me," he searched my face. "Y/N, please, you have to let me do this."

"You don't trust me," I spoke. "That's why you won't bring me with you. You don't trust me."

Five swore under his breath. He kicked air with his shoe. Then, he looked back at me.

"Teach me how to say 'no' to you," he mumbled.

"No."

He reached out, grabbed the hem of my jacket sleeve, and turned, spatial-jumping us away.

_

The sun peeked over the city. Brewing clouds gathered at the tops of the buildings, shrouding them in a hazy mist. I was certain that something else was brewing. Could recognize the chaos that stirred within the mind of the sky. The eye of the storm.

I could see it now, as I stood at the very top of one of those very buildings. The scruffy carpet underneath my Mary Jane shoes; the only ones I'd been able to keep were unpolished, flaccid torn leather and the buckle's were long rusted. The building was pristine and Five and I were automatically recognized as strange outsiders.

His hand remained at his side, but it was tapping on his thigh. Nervous? Excited? Anticipated? I couldn't tell with Five. The boy was a mystery. Boy, did I love a mystery. Mystery boy. Love a mystery. Love a boy. Love that boy.

Five shoved his hands in his pockets. His shoes tapped as he walked. A man approached.

"Uhh, can I help you?"

Doctors. I bristled at the sight of him, the hair lifting underneath my jacket. Cold. Goosebumps on my thighs. The Five of Hearts under my arm twitched.

Five pulled out a glass-eye, one that I had no idea was in his possession.

"I need to know who this belongs to."

Curious, the man spoke.

"Where did you get that?"

"Why do you care?" Five's standoffish attitude brought him no avail. "She found it." He hooked a thumb at me. "At a playground actually."

"I spend a lot of time there," I improvised, crossing my arms. "Poor, poor person – whomever was unlucky enough to lose two eyes. First the real eye, then the fake that replaced it." I sighed.

"Must have just –" Five clicked his tongue, "--popped out. Want to return it to its rightful owner."

"Aww, what a thoughtful young man."

Five gritted his teeth. "Yeah. Look it up for me, would you?"

The man shuffled. "I'm sorry, but patient records are strictly confidential. That means I can't tell–"

"Yeah, I know what it means."

"I'll tell you what I can do. I'll take the eye off your hands and just –" he reached for Five, but the boy was faster, taking a quick step back.

"You're not touching this eye."

"Now you listen to me young man,"

"No, you listen to me, asshole!" Five exploded. I placed a hand on his chest before he made contact with the doctor. "I've come a long way for this, through some shit your pea brain couldn't even comprehend! So just give me the information I need, and I'll be on my merry way."

Followed with, "and if you call me "young man" one more time, I'm gonna put your head through that damn wall."

"Oh dear," the desk lady offered her input.

"Oh dear is right," I pushed Five back with two fingers, standing between him and the man like a buffer. "Listen, love, what harm would it do to give us a name? One name. First and last."

The man gritted his teeth. "Call security."