The Downfall

In the morning, Daniel woke us up with a sense of determination, presenting an idea that could potentially lead us to freedom.

"We can go wherever we want. I'll sketch out a map, and perhaps we'll gain some insight on how to navigate our way out of here," he suggested.

"We can go wherever our hearts desire," Tamara chimed in, her optimism shining through.

The views were absolutely breathtaking, with an explosion of colors in every direction. However, despite Daniel's best efforts in sketching out a map, we found ourselves making little progress.

"We should set up camp near this cave. It might be our best option for shelter tonight," Daniel suggested, his voice tinged with disappointment.

Agreeing with his assessment, we settled down near the cave, taking shelter as the sun began to set. After a simple meal of fruits we had discovered during our little adventure, we prepared ourselves for a restful night's sleep.

As we settled into the cave and arranged our sleeping bags, we began to hear eerie voices echoing through the darkness. Suddenly, a hydra snake slithered into view, blocking our only exit and trapping us inside. Despite being just a group of fourteen and fifteen-year-olds, we knew we had no choice but to confront the beast head-on.

As the others engaged in a fierce battle with the hydra, I felt a strange sensation wash over me—goosebumps prickling my skin, my breath growing labored. I collapsed to the ground, vulnerable to the creature's relentless advances. Daniel, ever the protector, rushed to my aid, but he was too late. In a desperate attempt to defend myself, I tapped into an unknown power, seizing control of the hydra's movements with my hand. I could feel the creature's struggles against my hold, its blood runes trembling under my influence. With a mixture of horror and determination, I channeled this newfound ability to slay the beast, knowing that our survival depended on it.

Shaking with adrenaline and fear, tears streaming down my face, I struggled to comprehend what had just happened. "Did you just kill that thing?" Tamara asked, her voice tinged with shock.

"I couldn't control it," I stammered nervously.

"That was incredible, bro," Eitan exclaimed, his usual playful tone momentarily subdued by awe.

"The important thing is that we're all okay," Daniel reassured, extending his hand to help me up. But I couldn't bring myself to accept his assistance. Instead, I backed away, overwhelmed by the realization of my own power and the danger it posed to my friends.

"I could have hurt you all," I muttered, panic gripping my chest.

"What do you mean?" Daniel demanded, confusion etched across his face.

Feeling traumatized and consumed by fear, I knew I had to flee. They tried to stop me, calling out my name as I ran deeper into the darkness, but I couldn't bear the thought of endangering them any further.Lost in the wilderness, I eventually stumbled upon a river and sought solace in its cool embrace. Alone with my thoughts, I pondered the implications of my newfound abilities and the perilous path that lay ahead.